atom feed11 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: virus phone call scam: question/w...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom SparksJun 20, 2012 5:20 am
Boden MatthewsJun 20, 2012 5:22 am
Dave HallJun 20, 2012 5:46 am
David DruryJun 20, 2012 6:05 am
Boden MatthewsJun 20, 2012 6:24 am
Tom SparksJun 20, 2012 4:38 pm
Chris DebenhamJun 20, 2012 5:02 pm
Chris DebenhamJun 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Chris JonesJun 20, 2012 11:04 pm
Ishwor GurungJun 21, 2012 6:31 am
Chris DebenhamJun 21, 2012 3:41 pm
Subject:Re: virus phone call scam: question/wacky replies
From:Boden Matthews (bode@gmail.com)
Date:Jun 20, 2012 5:22:53 am
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

Last time they called I told them I had a Mac (They claimed to be from Microsoft). I don't actually have a Mac, but it makes them hang up :D

On 20 June 2012 22:20, Tom Sparks <tom_@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

'We have been getting phone calls say "your computer has a problem..." Most time I just hand up. But I've been think of give these caller a 10 question or some wacky replies

1 What Operating System I am I using? 2 What's my local/network IP address? 3 What's my router's IP address? 4 What's my Internet IP address?

* Must be my Atari 2600, How did that get on the Internet? * let me drag out my PDP-10.... do you want to debug that for me? * Where my ARPANET IMP? ' I am wondering what question or wacky replies would you come up with?