atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-maildropRe: [maildropl] maildrop + offlineima...
FromSent OnAttachments
Marcelo LaiaDec 8, 2016 9:29 am
EdDec 8, 2016 2:07 pm
Marcelo LaiaDec 8, 2016 4:03 pm
Marcelo LaiaDec 8, 2016 4:04 pm
Ed NevilleDec 12, 2016 11:34 am
Subject:Re: [maildropl] maildrop + offlineimap + vacation + msmtp + mutt
From:Ed (ed-m@s5h.net)
Date:Dec 8, 2016 2:07:51 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-maildrop

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 03:29:51PM -0200, Marcelo Laia wrote:

I would like to setup a vacation autoreplay in my Debian Box. ... email provider --> offlineimap --> maildrop --> vacation --> msmtp

If you're on vacation, what will be picking up your mail?

It would be best to implement this at location that your mailbox resides at.

You should also pay attention to some of the headers in the inbound mail (mail lists, auto replies (other people's vacation mail), etc.). It looks from the for loop that you provided that you'd be replying to all the mail that you receive, this is not a good idea.

Inside the maildrop config, you filter out all the automatic mail, then implement something like the vacation snippet at <http://www.courier-mta.org/maildropex.html>. Personally, I do a simple, but less technically correct, xfilter followed by a to statement.

This perl script filters out most of the common headers that indicate non-human mail:

<http://www.seaglass.com/postfix/inforeply-pl.html>

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms. With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE. Training and support from Colfax. Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi