atom feed16 messages in com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-listRE: [xsl] [Ann] jd.xslt - a XSLT 1.1 ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Johannes DöblerMar 8, 2001 5:23 am
Sebastian RahtzMar 8, 2001 6:34 am
Carmelo MontanezMar 8, 2001 7:42 am
Jeni TennisonMar 8, 2001 7:46 am
Sebastian RahtzMar 8, 2001 7:55 am
Michael KayMar 8, 2001 7:58 am
Michael KayMar 8, 2001 9:09 am
DPaw...@rnib.org.ukMar 9, 2001 12:34 am
Kevin JonesMar 9, 2001 3:20 am
Johannes DöblerMar 9, 2001 6:04 am
Robert NicholsonMar 9, 2001 7:52 am
by way of MulberryTechnologies List OwnerMar 9, 2001 1:47 pm
David LeBlancMar 9, 2001 2:15 pm
Martin StrickerMar 10, 2001 2:40 am
Peter FlynnMar 10, 2001 6:50 am
Mike BrownMar 10, 2001 11:00 pm
Subject:RE: [xsl] [Ann] jd.xslt - a XSLT 1.1 processor
From:Kevin Jones (kjo@yahoo.co.uk)
Date:Mar 9, 2001 3:20:11 am
List:com.mulberrytech.lists.xsl-list

This really does look like a good performer, here are some direct comparisons for the interested,

On XSLTMark 1.2.1 jd.xslt 439.39 MSXML3 409.06 Napa 404.13

The jd.xslt XSLTMark driver code does bend the rules slightly in opening the output file outside of the timing loop. I don't think any of the other drivers do this so I corrected this before running the times. Timing was done on a P550Mhz with 192Mb running Win2k.

jd.xslt performs particularly well on the highly recursive tests with string manipulation, notably the queens, reverser and bottles tests. If you interested in the details drop me a line and I can send you the results in a excel spreadsheet.

If you remove some of the obviously unusual tests (very subjective, see below) than you get the following figures.

jd.xslt - 456.87 MSXML3 - 474.99 Napa - 531.94

Removed tests bottles - Bottles of beer verse generator encrypt - Simple encryption queens - Chess queen positioning solver reverser - Reverse words in text tower - Tower problem solver

Whichever way you look at it is a very good first release.

Disclaimer & shameless plug:

Before anybody complains Napa is my own work (see http://www.tfi-technology.com/xml/napa.html) and it does not perform exceptionally well on the tests I removed which is why I think they are not typical ;-)

Regards, Kev.