atom feed2 messages in com.googlegroups.gmail-help-pop-and-imap-enAccess imap/pop through port 80 or 443
FromSent OnAttachments
SogyMar 26, 2008 8:19 am
bkennellyMar 26, 2008 9:40 am
Subject:Access imap/pop through port 80 or 443
From:Sogy ()
Date:Mar 26, 2008 8:19:19 am
List:com.googlegroups.gmail-help-pop-and-imap-en

I was using Thunderbird for 2 of my Gmail accounts with imap, there were no issues till yesterday . Suddenly our college( Our college provides net to our hostel rooms) decided to block all ports other than 80 and 443. This has resulted in imap timing out.

Is there anyway of using imap or pop using port 80 or 443. They had done this before too. On request they had unblocked these ports earliar but , their frequent blocking is forcing me to post this . If there is anyway to do this please tell.

And if there is no way still tell. :(