atom feed10 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Re: Who updates m...
FromSent OnAttachments
Carey JungSep 27, 2002 9:15 am
Tim HunterSep 27, 2002 10:31 am
Rodolfo GonzalezSep 27, 2002 2:17 pm
Sam VarshavchikSep 27, 2002 6:17 pm
Sam VarshavchikSep 27, 2002 6:27 pm
Rodolfo GonzalezSep 28, 2002 11:38 am
Sam VarshavchikSep 28, 2002 1:03 pm
Carey JungSep 28, 2002 9:26 pm
Sam VarshavchikSep 28, 2002 10:59 pm
Carey JungSep 29, 2002 10:37 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Re: Who updates maildir quotas?
From:Rodolfo Gonzalez (rodo@equinoxe.g-networks.net)
Date:Sep 28, 2002 11:38:05 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

My questions are: who updates the maildirsize to show the right values?,

Whoever tries to add more mail to it.

Hmm, maildrop is adding lines to maildirsize, I assume that each line indicates the size of the incoming message and if it needs to be added to the count, and courier-imap is doing a substraction. But I'm still having this on that file:

# cat maildirsize 10000000S 9799751 56 0 -1 0 -1 ...

Can't say anything about imp,

IMP only obtains the quota using IMAP, it doesn not touch the maildirsize file, nor anything else, but uses courier-imap to do the work.

however maildrop should recalculate the quota at least every fifteen minutes.

Which could be causing that the numbers appear as not updated after several days?.

BTW, I have a quota field in the MySQL table, and in maildrop config. I put this field as the quota field, but I guess that maildrop does not use this, but the value contained in maildirsize.

Thank you, Rodolfo.