atom feed2 messages in net.php.lists.internalsRe: [PHP-DEV] Deferencing index of an...
FromSent OnAttachments
Andrey HristovApr 3, 2004 8:58 am
Andi GutmansApr 3, 2004 9:08 am
Subject:Re: [PHP-DEV] Deferencing index of an array returned from function call
From:Andi Gutmans (an@zend.com)
Date:Apr 3, 2004 9:08:31 am
List:net.php.lists.internals

At 06:58 PM 4/3/2004 +0200, Andrey Hristov wrote:

Hi internals, maybe I am late for this for PHP 5 but just want to ask for opinion about dereferencing indexes of arrays returned by functions. In PHP 5 is possible to dereference member variables of an objects like : someFunc()->someMember; but this : $b = someFunction()['someIndex']; is not possible

This is a well known feature request but won't be supported in PHP 5.0. I can't tell you if it'll ever be supported. It requires some research and a lot of thought.

Andi