atom feed5 messages in com.redhat.redhat-listWhat does "stalled" mean?
FromSent OnAttachments
Peter KiemOct 27, 2001 7:27 am
Brad CoxOct 27, 2001 8:10 am
Bob StaafOct 27, 2001 8:15 am
Peter KiemOct 27, 2001 8:21 am
Cameron SimpsonOct 27, 2001 4:14 pm
Subject:What does "stalled" mean?
From:Brad Cox (bc@virtualschool.edu)
Date:Oct 27, 2001 8:10:34 am
List:com.redhat.redhat-list

I'm seeing "stalled" crop up rather often (about twice per kb) when doing various operations (mainly scp) to remote locations from linux (RH7.0) but I've no idea what it means.

Linux and Mac OSX share a Netopia Dual Analog router (only one line connected) with NAT via earthlink.net analog dialup to a system on the far coast.

I suspect stalled refers to intermittent lags within earthlink.net or the internet as a whole. Or does this point to a problem on my internal network?