atom feed6 messages in org.apache.roller.devApache Roller 5.0 beta 1 build available
FromSent OnAttachments
DaveOct 24, 2009 4:17 pm
Matt RaibleOct 28, 2009 10:09 am
Matt RaibleOct 28, 2009 10:18 am
Matt RaibleNov 4, 2009 7:45 pm
DaveNov 5, 2009 7:26 am
Matt RaibleNov 5, 2009 9:44 am
Subject:Apache Roller 5.0 beta 1 build available
From:Dave (snoo@gmail.com)
Date:Oct 24, 2009 4:17:07 pm
List:org.apache.roller.dev

The Roller 5.0 code base is ready for wider testing and so we are making available a beta build. This build is not an Apache release, will not be supported and should not be used for anything other than testing. It's not a good idea to try to upgrade your existing Roller site yet. If you choose to try Roller 5.0 beta1 please make sure you do it on copy of your existing database, uploaded files and search index.

You can download the build and the updated user and installation documentation from Dave Johnson's personal web space at Apache.org; this build will not be made available via Apache mirrors.

I'll prepare a nice and friendly "What's New in Roller 5.0 page" sometime before the final release. For now, the best sources for information about what's in Roller are the documentation at download links below, the Roller 5.0 proposal page and the change list in our JIRA issue tracker:

Roller 5.0 binaries, source and docs http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-5.0

Roller 5.0 proposal: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Apache+Roller+5.0+Release

Roller 5.0 JIRA change list: http://bit.ly/3CUxm0 https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&styleName=Html&version=12313828

I'll notify the user list a little later, once I know beta 1 is working for folks.