atom feed72 messages in org.w3.public-webapiRe: ACTION-87: Selectors API
FromSent OnAttachments
15 earlier messages
Jonas SickingFeb 28, 2006 1:57 pm
Ian HicksonMar 6, 2006 12:33 pm
Ian HicksonMar 6, 2006 12:35 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:30 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:33 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:35 am
mozerMar 22, 2006 3:16 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 3:58 am
mozerMar 22, 2006 4:30 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 4:37 am
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 5:43 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 6:08 am
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:45 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:16 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:22 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:25 am
Robin BerjonMar 22, 2006 2:01 pm
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 2:28 pm
Ian HicksonMar 22, 2006 2:48 pm
Ian HicksonMar 22, 2006 2:51 pm
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 3:20 pm
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:17 pm
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:24 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 23, 2006 4:28 am
Ian HicksonMar 23, 2006 2:31 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 25, 2006 4:36 am
Ian HicksonMar 27, 2006 3:13 pm
Anne van KesterenApr 3, 2006 5:46 am
Anne van KesterenApr 3, 2006 5:51 am
lioreanMay 12, 2006 8:49 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 13, 2006 4:15 am
lioreanMay 13, 2006 12:08 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 13, 2006 12:26 pm
lioreanMay 13, 2006 2:40 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 14, 2006 7:20 am
lioreanMay 14, 2006 4:22 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 15, 2006 3:15 am
lioreanMay 16, 2006 9:29 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 17, 2006 5:18 am
Lachlan HuntMay 17, 2006 6:19 am
Anne van KesterenMay 17, 2006 6:30 am
Jim LeyMay 17, 2006 6:35 am
Lachlan HuntMay 17, 2006 7:02 am
Robin BerjonMay 17, 2006 7:07 am
Anne van KesterenMay 18, 2006 12:46 am
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:11 pm
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:24 pm
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:42 pm
Ian HicksonMay 30, 2006 3:55 pm
Robin BerjonMay 30, 2006 4:15 pm
7 later messages
Subject:Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API
From:Ian Hickson (ia@hixie.ch)
Date:Mar 23, 2006 2:31:22 pm
List:org.w3.public-webapi

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

Looking good.

As you note in your reply, the following paragraph:

: Both match and matchAll take a group of selectors (selectors) as defined : in [Selectors] as first argument and an XPathNSResolver (nsresolver) as : second. The nsresolver argument can be null when there are no prefixes : to be expanded. As described in the [DOM3XPath] specification : applications have to construct an object implementing the : XPathNSResolver interface themselves. In ECMAScript bindings a special : Function can be passed as argument instead. How namespace prefixes : within selectors using nsresolver are resolved is defined in : [DOM3XPath].

...is basically empty. Given that this is the only section that describes how to handle the nsresolver argument, I think this should be addressed.

I don't think "In ECMAScript bindings the nsresolver argument in both match and matchAll must be an optional argument." as a requirement makes sense. I think it would be better to phrase it as something like "In ECMAScript, if the nsresolver argument in an invocation of match() or matchAll() is omitted, UAs must handle the invocation as if the nsresolver argument was null." or something.

I tried the "or something" part. Let me know how it turned out :-)

Seems reasonable, although there is a bit of a leap between the concept of languages supporting method overloading and the concept of the argument being omitted. (Also, note that technically ECMAScript doesn't support method overloading.)

If you really want to not use the term NodeList, I recommend defining StaticNodeList as:

typedef StaticNodeList NodeList;

...rather than duplicating the interface definition.

Used your suggestion. Will remove the open issue after you checked it.

Seems fine. It was Maciej's idea originally.