atom feed2 messages in org.apache.ant.userRe: How to force ant to continue afte...
FromSent OnAttachments
Jay GlanvilleNov 20, 2000 4:48 am
Stefan BodewigNov 20, 2000 5:18 am
Subject:Re: How to force ant to continue after build failure?
From:Stefan Bodewig (bode@apache.org)
Date:Nov 20, 2000 5:18:46 am
List:org.apache.ant.user

Jay Glanville <dic@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

In my build file, I want to mail the results of the build to the loadbuild manager regardless of success or fail.

Jay, take a look at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/196/question_id/741>.

Basically, attach a build listener and send your mail in buildFinished. To closer model

The build listener could send its mail either in buildFinished or when the task with recording="off" gets executed - whatever happens first.

Is there a "magic" property that I can set to force ant to continue after build failures?

Adding some "make -k" like functionality to Ant has been on the TODO list for quite some time now, but it's quite far towards the end (of my private version).

PS: I've searched the e-mail archives, but I've found no answer to my question, only the same question asked by other people.

Given that there is a FAQ entry for the functionality you want (feel free to ad a version using org.apache.tools.mail instead of javamail if you happen to write one BTW, yet another point from my TODO list) ...

I'm sure, I've pointed others to the FAQ on this before - and Will has sent his code to this group, so you must have searched for the wrong keywords 8-).

Stefan