atom feed7 messages in com.redhat.linux-lvm[linux-lvm] metadata too large for ci...
FromSent OnAttachments
John LeachAug 7, 2008 11:07 am
Alasdair G KergonAug 7, 2008 12:41 pm
Alasdair G KergonAug 7, 2008 12:52 pm
Alasdair G KergonAug 7, 2008 12:55 pm
John LeachAug 7, 2008 1:43 pm
John LeachAug 7, 2008 1:45 pm
John LeachAug 10, 2008 10:44 am
Subject:[linux-lvm] metadata too large for circular buffer - any way to increase PV metadatasize?
From:John Leach (jo@johnleach.co.uk)
Date:Aug 7, 2008 11:07:33 am
List:com.redhat.linux-lvm

Hi,

I'm getting the dreaded "metadata too large for circular buffer" message trying to create a new LV in a volume group of a few hundred other LVs.

As I understand, this is because the PVs don't have enough space for the metadata. This size can be set to a larger value when pvcreating with --metadatasize but I have obviously missed that boat :)

Is there a way to increase this with live PVs, rather than shifting all the data off them and recreating and shifting back on?

I have a multinode RedHat Cluster with CLVMD and two PVs. I can add additional PVs if that helps (though as I understand *every* PV needs enough metadata space).

Thanks in advance!

John.