Janos Dohanics <we...@3dresearch.com> wrote:
1. The Guided partitioning doesn't suggest any more to
create /var, /tmp, /usr, etc. file systems. Is it really
the recommendation to go with just / ?
Depends on who you ask :) and on your intended usage.
2. Is there a way to use the old sysinstall to install FreeBSD 9?
Not using the standard distribution IIUC. You might want to look
3. It seems that setting up gmirror is more involved with GPT
(http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/archives/1071); now I have a
mirror for each of the filesystems /, /var, /tmp, etc. Is it
OK to use gmirror in this way at all?
Yes, indeed it is the only way to combine GPT and gmirror without
getting into trouble of one sort or another. (The conflict between
GPT and a full-disk gmirror is actually not new.)
4. Also, with GPT, one has to be in single user mode to synchronize
disks - correct?
Dunno about this one.
3. Assuming one has enough RAM, is zfs mirror or raidz recommended
Same situation as with #1.
free...@freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "free...@freebsd.org"