atom feed11 messages in org.osafoundation.chandler-devRe: [chandler-dev] Building Chandler ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Matt SchaferJun 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Grant BaillieJun 19, 2009 8:05 am
Matt SchaferJun 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Grant BaillieJun 24, 2009 4:44 pm
Matt SchaferJun 25, 2009 12:41 am
Grant BaillieJun 25, 2009 11:41 am
Matt SchaferJun 25, 2009 2:06 pm
Grant BaillieJun 26, 2009 4:45 pm
Andi VajdaJun 26, 2009 5:01 pm
Grant BaillieJun 26, 2009 5:58 pm
Andi VajdaJun 27, 2009 12:21 am
Subject:Re: [chandler-dev] Building Chandler 1.0.3+ on Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)
From:Andi Vajda (vaj@osafoundation.org)
Date:Jun 27, 2009 12:21:21 am
List:org.osafoundation.chandler-dev

On Jun 27, 2009, at 2:58, Grant Baillie <gra@osafoundation.org> wrote:

On 26 Jun, 2009, at 17:02, Andi Vajda wrote:

On Jun 27, 2009, at 1:46, Grant Baillie <gra@osafoundation.org> wrote:

... At the least, I think it would be good to get that source (or newer) to build against python 2.6 (for Karmic).

PyLucene builds and works fine against Python 2.6. To upgrade: - use PyLucene 2.4.1-2 - use the right JCC invocation (-m won't work until 2.7) (example is in Makefile) - implement the necessary changes in the repository lucene directory code (If I remember right, they're simple, having to do with byte arrays; the previous person that attempted this (techgurufloyd) figured them out by himself)

Thanks for the info, Andi. Is there anything wrong with building the old version (2.3-something) with the changed jcc invocation? That seems to work (and searches in Chandler don't crash :o).

No, that should work too but the idea is to use a PyLucene that is compatible with the version provided by Ubuntu. You could then just use it instead of building it.

If that version is newer than what Chandler currently uses, in particular with regards to the java array handling code, then upgrading is going to require these changes in Chandler's repository code.

I think that techgurufloyd's chandlerdb patch is in this message:

http://markmail.org/message/q275nfaywxvzpqpz

I'd be more than happy to make that change (and the PyLucene version change) if it's a way toward not having to build PyLucene as part of Chandler on Ubuntu :).

Yes, that's the idea (I'd offer to help out but I'm away from my computer for the next three weeks).

Andi..

--Grant