|Dennis E. Hamilton||Apr 7, 2010 1:46 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||May 1, 2010 1:48 pm|
|Jacques R. Durand||May 3, 2010 12:09 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||May 10, 2010 4:26 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||May 24, 2010 12:12 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||May 27, 2010 3:56 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Jun 16, 2010 6:35 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Jun 29, 2010 2:10 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Aug 4, 2010 4:11 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Sep 22, 2010 2:04 pm|
|Boland Jr., Frederick E.||Sep 23, 2010 4:51 am|
|Jacques R. Durand||Oct 11, 2010 11:15 am|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Oct 30, 2010 10:41 am|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Nov 9, 2010 7:50 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Dec 6, 2010 6:20 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Feb 7, 2011 3:24 pm|
|Jacques Durand||Feb 8, 2011 1:00 pm|
|Dennis E. Hamilton||Feb 8, 2011 2:36 pm|
|Boland Jr., Frederick E.||Feb 9, 2011 6:53 am|
|Jacques Durand||Feb 9, 2011 3:07 pm|
|Subject:||[tag] RE: 2010-06-23 TAG TC Meeting Minutes|
|From:||Dennis E. Hamilton (denn...@acm.org)|
|Date:||Jun 29, 2010 2:10:54 pm|
Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting
Wednesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 23 June 2010
Host confcall: Fujitsu US Toll Free: 877-995-3314 US Toll/International: 210-339-1806 Passcode: 9589308
Attendance and Quorum
MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
3/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied
* Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu) * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual) * Kevin Looney (Oracle)
[*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (3)]
Dale Moberg (Axway Software) Youngkon Li (Individual) Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea) * Frederick Boland (NIST) = Patrick Curran (Oracle) Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle) * Paul Rank (Oracle) Victor Rudometov, (Oracle) Hyunbo Cho (Pohang University of Science & Technology)
[*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (2) =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201006/msg00018.html> The 2010-06-09 Meeting Minutes were not taken up.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201006/msg00016.html> The agenda was taken up after brief discussion, no action:
Agenda: 1. Review of TA Model, rev 4 (see uploads 6/16, src & pdf) http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38313
2. Review of TA Markup, rev 4 (see uploads 6/16, src & pdf) http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38314
3. administrative matters: - meeting notes approval (June 9th, to be posted) - JIRA issue tracker. - next PR plans.
AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for more alignment now that the model document has been refined.
AI2-June23: [Jacques] Add some information to the Model and the Guidelines concerning the description element and how it should be used.
AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to align with the change in language.
AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the changes being made.
AI5-June23 [Jacques] Repost the documents as they are at the end of June.
AI6-June23 [Jacques] Determine whether Guidelines need to provide advice/examples and references to finer details within the Model
AI1-June9: [Jacques] Revise the components on JIRA and add list of versions that can be used in the Applies Version and Fix Version pull-downs on JIRA.
AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and how we propose to simplify it.
AI1-May25: [All] Review the direction taken in TA Model CD01-rev02 in preparation for approving the updated conformance section and the approach to providing semantics in the TA Model on the next call (tbd after June 8).
AI2-May25: [Jacques] will upload a more-complete version of TAML showing the RelaxNG usage.
AI3-May25: [Jacques] upload an update of the TA Model draft
AI4-May25: [All] Look over Normative Source and RefSourceItems, TextSourceItems, DerivedSourceItems for Section 3, how semantics are placed, and how the changes are working before Jacques continues in a week.
AI5-May25: [Jacques] Determine workable call time and date for the first call in June.
AI1-May11: [Jacques] check with Patrick Curran about when his leave ends
AI2-May11: *Done* [Jacques] create a standing "TAG Promotion" item in the agenda
AI1-Apr27: [Dennis] to investigate "Compact" RelaxNG for our Markup syntax. [Jacques finds this tutorial: http://www.relaxng.org/compact-tutorial-20030326.html] [Dennis since found a compact form used in a W3C specification, adding it to TAG-4, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00014.html]
AI2-Apr27: *Done* [Jacques] to check the JIRA page, possible re-configuration, add Dennis as authorized user.
AI1-Mar30: [Jacques] follow-up with Dave P. on his comments, to make sure we address them correctly.
AI3-Mar30: [Jacques] Contact W3C test team to remind them of PR, calling for comments.
AI4-Mar30: [Kevin] Contact Oracle internally to confirm they know about the PR (folks who contacted him)
AI5-Mar30: [Dennis] Investigate RDF possible representation for the TA Model. (ontologies / OWL?)
1. PLANNING OUT TO NEXT PUBLIC REVIEW There was discussion of the next public review and needing to make a change-marked version to accompany the next Committee Drafts. Some changes have been made by high-lighting rather than use of change-tracking provisions.
It was agreed that what we want by the end of June is make an internal review and make sure that we have handled the comments. Decent CD candidates can be uploaded at the end of June. We can use the month of July for further internal review. We can finalize in early August and decide if we need to do more.
When we go out for the next Public Review, although it can be as short as 15 days, we have enough textual changes and re-organization that perhaps we should have a 3-week or longer Public Review.
2. UPDATE OF THE GUIDELINES The guidelines have not been touched except for some minor editorial adjustments. There does not seem to be much impact from the model, although the model has more semantics now. We might review to see if we should be offering more guidance, now, on proper use of model provisions, such as the description entry. It is an open question whether other additions and refinements in the model should be reflected in the Guidelines or not. The possibility of one Model example paired with one Markup example is being considered. Jacques to verify if the guideline needs to provide advice and refer more precisely to sub-elements of the TA model such as those inside NormativeSource (if only acknowledge their presence).
3. TEST ASSERTION MODEL WORK The UML Diagrams need to be adjusted to reflect changes in the model and text that impact the diagrams. There was discussion of the addition of the "Description" component to the Model. We see it being used for supplemental human-useful information, but the component should not be necessary in order to properly apply the Test Assertion. We think of it as providing non-normative information in that sense, and we worked on a wording that would convey restriction of Description to being inessential although useful to readers. Kevin recommended that the new Description element can keep its name provided we make it clear that (a) the text is not allowed to alter the overall semantics of the test assertion, only to explain it, and (b) it can hold anything useful as a comment on the test assertion, whether or not an overall description.
4. TEST ASSERTION MARKUP WORK The schema has not been updated to reflect the new proposals and adjustments to the Markup document. That should be down by our next meeting.
4. NEXT MEETING The next call will be on TUESDAY August 3.
Respectfully submitted (with thanks to Jacques for noticing some missing items),
- Dennis E. Hamilton
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php