atom feed11 messages in com.redhat.epel-devel-list[EPEL-devel] Re: update Ceph to 12.1....
FromSent OnAttachments
Kaleb S. KEITHLEYAug 1, 2017 8:09 am
Jeffrey OllieAug 1, 2017 9:32 am
Stephen John SmoogenAug 1, 2017 10:05 am
Kaleb S. KEITHLEYAug 1, 2017 10:57 am
Kaleb S. KEITHLEYAug 3, 2017 12:00 pm
Stephen John SmoogenAug 3, 2017 12:04 pm
Jim PerrinAug 3, 2017 12:15 pm
Kevin FenziAug 3, 2017 12:45 pm
Ken DreyerAug 3, 2017 3:09 pm
Stephen John SmoogenAug 3, 2017 5:15 pm
Kaleb S. KEITHLEYAug 17, 2017 6:56 am
Subject:[EPEL-devel] Re: update Ceph to 12.1.1 in epel7 ?
From:Jim Perrin (jper@centos.org)
Date:Aug 3, 2017 12:15:17 pm
List:com.redhat.epel-devel-list

On 08/01/2017 10:05 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

I will bring this up at the meeting tomorrow, but I believe that the plan would be something like the following:

1. "Update" the current package with README.deprecated explaining why the package is being removed from the repository and what a user needs to do to get newer versions. A /usr/share/docs/ceph/upstream-ceph.repo may also be useful. [Putting in a Summary that the package is deprecated may also be useful.] 2. Announce on epel-devel and epel-announce this is going to happen. 2. push the update out to users. 3. orphan the package in EPEL 4. remove it after a month after the update went to stable.

We also need to look at coming up with tools and a process to better look at packages we have in the repository so we don't make both the maintainer (aka Kaleb) and the users lifes miserable.

Does the above sound reasonable ?

I think that's the best course of action.

+1 here.