On 08/01/2017 10:05 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
I will bring this up at the meeting tomorrow, but I believe that the
plan would be something like the following:
1. "Update" the current package with README.deprecated explaining why
the package is being removed from the repository and what a user needs
to do to get newer versions. A /usr/share/docs/ceph/upstream-ceph.repo
may also be useful. [Putting in a Summary that the package is deprecated
may also be useful.]
2. Announce on epel-devel and epel-announce this is going to happen.
2. push the update out to users.
3. orphan the package in EPEL
4. remove it after a month after the update went to stable.
We also need to look at coming up with tools and a process to better
look at packages we have in the repository so we don't make both the
maintainer (aka Kaleb) and the users lifes miserable.