atom feed8 messages in org.apache.incubator.sling-dev[DISCUSS] Registering filters with Sling
FromSent OnAttachments
Felix MeschbergerSep 7, 2010 6:49 am
Ian BostonSep 7, 2010 7:02 am
Justin EdelsonSep 7, 2010 7:06 am
Carsten ZiegelerSep 7, 2010 7:07 am
Felix MeschbergerSep 7, 2010 7:16 am
Carsten ZiegelerSep 7, 2010 7:26 am
Mike MüllerSep 7, 2010 7:32 am
Felix MeschbergerSep 7, 2010 7:41 am
Subject:[DISCUSS] Registering filters with Sling
From:Felix Meschberger (fmes@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 7, 2010 6:49:22 am
List:org.apache.incubator.sling-dev

Hi all,

Traditionally javax.servlet.Filter services were picked up by the Sling Main Servlet and used as filters regardless of any service registration properties. The filter.scope property could optionally be used to define a scope for the filter (request or component before SLING-1213, now also INCLUDE, FORWARD, and ERROR).

To not pick up filters destined for the Apache Felix Http Service (registered with the "pattern" service property) we explicitly xclude those.

I would like to go a step further and ....

* define a new service property sling.filter.scope * deprecate the old filter.scope property * require services to either have the sling.filter.scope or the filter.scope (backwards compatibility) property set * optionally: support for a configuration option to cause filters without a scope property to still be picked up

I consider renaming the official name to prevent any name collisions.

WDYT ?

Regards Felix