atom feed4 messages in org.codehaus.groovy.jsrGroovy 1.0 is there!
FromSent OnAttachments
Guillaume LaforgeJan 2, 2007 3:16 pm
Martin C. MartinJan 2, 2007 3:26 pm
Mansour RaadJan 2, 2007 4:04 pm
Jeremy RaynerJan 3, 2007 2:17 am
Subject:Groovy 1.0 is there!
From:Guillaume Laforge (glaf@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 2, 2007 3:16:17 pm
List:org.codehaus.groovy.jsr

Hello my very dear friends,

The Groovy developer team and myself are proud and delighted to announce the final release of Groovy 1.0.

A lot of passion and energy has been put in this new version after two release candidates that have been tested against real-world projects: on a mission-critical insurance application, on the XWiki  2nd generation wiki engine, as well as on the RIFE  framework and through the Spring 2.0  scripting integration.

Groovy 1.0's distribution can be downloaded from the usual place: http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/?C=M;O=D

The JARs should be in Maven's repositories soon, but in the meantime, you can find them here: http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/jars/?C=M;O=D

We hope you will enjoy this release as much as we enjoyed working on it. Let me thank the whole Groovy team and all the past Groovy committers for their hard work -- too many persons to name everybody! Big thanks to all our users who have been helping us spot bugs, answer questions on the lists, or contribute documentation and ideas. It's been a wonderful experience to work with you all to deliver this important milestone of the Groovy project.

On behalf of the whole team, I also seize this opportunity to wish you all the best for this new year. May 2007 be a groovy year! If you haven't used Groovy yet, make sure that learning Groovy is on your list of resolutions for 2007! And if that's the case, and you wish to learn Groovy or to dive deeper, you should certainly read "Groovy in Action ", the Groovy reference book published by Manning: http://groovy.canoo.com/gina