atom feed10 messages in com.perforce.perforce-user[p4] Converting MKS repository - what...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mats NilssonJul 1, 2004 1:27 am
Oren ShemeshJul 1, 2004 2:19 am
Robert CowhamJul 1, 2004 3:02 am
Mats NilssonJul 1, 2004 8:39 am
Oren ShemeshJul 1, 2004 8:55 am
Mats NilssonJul 1, 2004 12:06 pm
Mats NilssonJul 2, 2004 7:42 am
Dave LewisJul 2, 2004 9:32 am
Robert CowhamJul 2, 2004 10:17 am
Arnt GulbrandsenJul 2, 2004 11:06 am
Subject:[p4] Converting MKS repository - what to do next?
From:Arnt Gulbrandsen (ar@gulbrandsen.priv.no)
Date:Jul 2, 2004 11:06:47 am
List:com.perforce.perforce-user

Dave Lewis writes:

> Error in branch specification. > Error detected at line 541. > Wrong number of words for field 'View'.

no, this just means that some of the paths have blanks in them and must be quoted...

Some unreasonable fanatics might read a different meaning into that: Perforce's error message is insufficient. The wording I see above doesn't exactly lead the na?ve reader towards that solution. Here's one possible variant:

Error in line 541 of branch specification. Too many fiends. Left hand side as parsed: //... Right hand side as parsed: //... Count not parse: ...

(In general, if I tell the computer something and it misunderstands, it's almost always easier to find the problem if the darned thing tells me what it thought I said.)

Arnt