atom feed50 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-ukRe: [ubuntu-uk] Why some people will ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mark AllisonDec 21, 2007 2:34 am
KirrusDec 21, 2007 2:43 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 21, 2007 2:48 am
Stephen GartonDec 21, 2007 2:50 am
Daniel LambDec 21, 2007 2:50 am
Tony ArnoldDec 21, 2007 3:10 am
Kris MarshDec 21, 2007 3:23 am
Rob BeardDec 21, 2007 3:29 am
Daniel LambDec 21, 2007 3:37 am
Daniel DaviesDec 21, 2007 3:42 am
Rob BeardDec 21, 2007 3:52 am
Stephen GartonDec 21, 2007 3:55 am
MacDec 21, 2007 4:01 am
Michael HollowayDec 21, 2007 4:05 am
Steve FlynnDec 21, 2007 4:28 am
MacDec 21, 2007 5:44 am
KirrusDec 21, 2007 6:10 am
SkippyDec 21, 2007 6:32 am
MacDec 21, 2007 7:52 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 21, 2007 7:54 am
John LevinDec 21, 2007 8:01 am
KirrusDec 21, 2007 8:16 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 21, 2007 8:27 am
normanDec 21, 2007 9:18 am
Robin MenneerDec 21, 2007 9:29 am
Mark AllisonDec 21, 2007 9:31 am
alan cDec 21, 2007 9:37 am
alan cDec 21, 2007 9:53 am
KirrusDec 21, 2007 9:56 am
alan cDec 21, 2007 9:56 am
KirrusDec 21, 2007 10:02 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 21, 2007 11:05 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 21, 2007 11:40 am
James GrabhamDec 21, 2007 12:56 pm
alan cDec 21, 2007 2:13 pm
alan cDec 21, 2007 2:17 pm
Michael HollowayDec 22, 2007 2:39 am
MacDec 22, 2007 4:03 am
normanDec 22, 2007 4:11 am
MacDec 22, 2007 6:20 am
Dianne ReubyDec 22, 2007 12:49 pm
Paul TansomDec 22, 2007 3:41 pm
Paul TansomDec 22, 2007 3:52 pm
Jai HarrisonDec 23, 2007 12:40 am
Stephen GartonDec 23, 2007 12:59 am
KirrusDec 23, 2007 1:09 am
Eddie ArmstrongDec 23, 2007 4:05 am
alan cDec 23, 2007 6:18 am
alan cDec 23, 2007 6:27 am
Dianne ReubyDec 23, 2007 11:36 am
Subject:Re: [ubuntu-uk] Why some people will never switch
From:Kirrus (kir@kirrus.co.uk)
Date:Dec 21, 2007 8:16:51 am
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-uk

----- "Eddie Armstrong" <eddi@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Kirrus wrote:

Poll started today, will close on January 31st, so get your votes in now! I'll post the results here.

I think the categories are a bit broad - why not have 10 year gaps except the first gap?? You must be under 30 if you don't realise how big the gaps 31-50 and 51-70 are. Decades apart!

And what's wrong with 71-80 then 80+ ? (no not me).

Mainly, I picked larger gaps deliberately, because I didn't want to use
too-small a selection, and have people pick the "don't want to answer". As a
rule, the younger generations are less likely you are to worry about giving out
their age range, and this is more for broad demographics rather than small and
detailed. (Each early option covers a life range: compulsory education almost
certain live-at-home | almost-adult usually college/sixthform/uni, usually part
live-at-home, part live away | adults, usually away from birth-home, but not
always). Thinking about it, I probably should have picked 10 year jumps.

70+ was because I know very few people older than 70 who will go near a
computer, and that is past normal retirement age (~65)

And, to save us all being patronised to death, how about a 1- 10 for tech level? Forget about employment, education etc., it's nobody's business

Hence the "don't want to answer" option ;). Its there, as its a useful
demographic stat: seeing in what stage of life each respondent is in, rather
than their education level. I could add a tech level option, interesting idea. Generally, education level
means nothing to techyness: I've got A-levels, no degrees, yet I was the only
non-graduate interviewee for my current job.

Hiya Mac not gonna let these whipper-snappers (under 30s) take us for

granted on this list. I know there are some very 'techie' oldies here.

Unfortunately, now we've got 20+ respondents, changing or adding to the poll
isn't really feasible. I'd need to start a new one, and I'm not sure whether
people would fill it all out all over again now. Maybe in a years time I'll
re-run it :)

Mac: I'm 20 (21 fairly soon), and yes, I'm very techie

Kind Regards,

RPGs: Captain Senaris Vlenn, CO, USS Sarek Lt Aieron Peters, XO DS5