atom feed4 messages in com.googlegroups.jabber-netRe: reconnection issues
FromSent OnAttachments
rory...@gmail.comFeb 15, 2008 3:03 pm
Joe HildebrandFeb 15, 2008 3:47 pm
rory...@gmail.comFeb 15, 2008 3:48 pm
Joe HildebrandFeb 15, 2008 4:06 pm
Subject:Re: reconnection issues
From:rory...@gmail.com (rory@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 15, 2008 3:48:54 pm
List:com.googlegroups.jabber-net

Update: i updated to the latest revision and all works well now.

On Feb 15, 4:48 pm, Joe Hildebrand <hil@gmail.com> wrote:

This looks like a bug in the ConferenceManager.  Can you please file   it at:http://code.google.com/p/jabber-net/issues/list

On Feb 15, 2008, at 4:03 PM, rory@gmail.com wrote:

What is the proper method for disconnecting, and then later re- connecting to a jabber session?

I currently use: JabberClient.Close(true)

But then when I reconnect using JabberClient.Connect() i get the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> jabber.JIDFormatException: Bad JID: ()   at jabber.JID.parse()   at jabber.JID..ctor(String jid)   at jabber.JID.op_Implicit(String jid)   at jabber.connection.Room.m_stream_OnProtocol(Object sender, XmlElement rp)   at jabber.protocol.ProtocolHandler.Invoke(Object sender, XmlElement rp)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The only workaround that has succeeded is to set JabberClient = new JabberClient(...) just before calling JabberClient.Connect(). This works every time, but seems unnecessary.

Thanks