atom feed15 messages in org.apache.spark.userRe: Purpose of spark-submit?
FromSent OnAttachments
Robert JamesJul 8, 2014 6:22 pm
Patrick WendellJul 9, 2014 12:45 am
Koert KuipersJul 9, 2014 5:20 am
Surendranauth HiramanJul 9, 2014 5:30 am
Robert JamesJul 9, 2014 6:47 am
Jerry LamJul 9, 2014 7:14 am
AndreiJul 9, 2014 8:34 am
Sandy RyzaJul 9, 2014 9:05 am
Koert KuipersJul 9, 2014 9:14 am
Jerry LamJul 9, 2014 9:25 am
Sandy RyzaJul 9, 2014 9:28 am
Ron GonzalezJul 9, 2014 9:37 am
Ron GonzalezJul 9, 2014 9:40 am
Andrew OrJul 9, 2014 6:39 pm
Koert KuipersJul 10, 2014 6:10 am
Subject:Re: Purpose of spark-submit?
From:Ron Gonzalez (zlgo@yahoo.com)
Date:Jul 9, 2014 9:37:34 am
List:org.apache.spark.user

Koert, Yeah I had the same problems trying to do programmatic submission of spark jobs
to my Yarn cluster. I was ultimately able to resolve it by reviewing the
classpath and debugging through all the different things that the Spark Yarn
client (Client.scala) did for submitting to Yarn (like env setup, local
resources, etc), and I compared it to what spark-submit had done. I have to admit though that it was far from trivial to get it working out of the
box, and perhaps some work could be done in that regards. In my case, it had
boiled down to the launch environment not having the HADOOP_CONF_DIR set, which
prevented the app master from registering itself with the Resource Manager.

Thanks, Ron

Sent from my iPad