atom feed8 messages in com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-apiRe: Adding new languages and translit...
FromSent OnAttachments
SaeedApr 16, 2009 4:02 pm
WAJApr 17, 2009 2:06 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 17, 2009 3:53 am
WAJApr 17, 2009 6:58 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 17, 2009 7:28 am
Saeed DaryaApr 17, 2009 1:22 pm
tcherserApr 18, 2009 3:46 am
SaeedApr 18, 2009 9:27 am
Subject:Re: Adding new languages and transliteration engine
From:Saeed Darya (saee@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 17, 2009 1:22:53 pm
List:com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-api

If translitration is dependent on the translation then my original request may be more involved than I thought.

I started playing around with transliteration about 10 years ago for Persian/Farsi (based on the Arabic script). The logic has evolved over time and it now uses a 50K+ word list. My beta site (http://www.emonshi.com) uses web servcies and AJAX.

But... I like the google approach better. It uses one editbox and converts after each space character, on screen keyboards, and word lookups. It has a smaller impact on the page design. And... it is google ;)

Waiting to hear from the Moderator.