atom feed1 message in net.launchpad.lists.openstack[Openstack] Work in progress on Opens...
FromSent OnAttachments
Robbie WilliamsonMay 29, 2012 9:07 am
Subject:[Openstack] Work in progress on Openstack provider for Juju
From:Robbie Williamson (rob@ubuntu.com)
Date:May 29, 2012 9:07:45 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

FYI below for those interested in Juju [1]. TL;DR There is work in progress to add an OpenStack API provider to complement our existing set of EC2 and LXC (local dev) providers.

-Robbie

[1] http://juju.ubuntu.com

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Work in progress on Openstack provider Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:57:21 +0100 From: Martin Packman <mart@canonical.com> To: juju <ju@lists.ubuntu.com>

A couple of months ago to help myself better understand what juju needed from a cloud api, I hacked together most of an Openstack provider for juju. There's now interest in getting such a thing merged, so I'm currently looking at filling in the gaps and doing a tidy up.

For the curious, you can branch the code and have a poke around:

<https://code.launchpad.net/~gz/juju/openstack_provider>

This is not production quality code, so I would not recommend testing it against real Openstack deployments yet unless you're comfortable cleaning up manually when it breaks. That said, any comments and suggestions are welcome.