atom feed1 message in net.launchpad.lists.openstack[Openstack] Work in progress on Opens...
FromSent OnAttachments
Robbie WilliamsonMay 29, 2012 9:07 am
Subject:[Openstack] Work in progress on Openstack provider for Juju
From:Robbie Williamson (
Date:May 29, 2012 9:07:45 am

FYI below for those interested in Juju [1]. TL;DR There is work in progress to add an OpenStack API provider to complement our existing set of EC2 and LXC (local dev) providers.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Work in progress on Openstack provider Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:57:21 +0100 From: Martin Packman <> To: juju <>

A couple of months ago to help myself better understand what juju needed from a cloud api, I hacked together most of an Openstack provider for juju. There's now interest in getting such a thing merged, so I'm currently looking at filling in the gaps and doing a tidy up.

For the curious, you can branch the code and have a poke around:

This is not production quality code, so I would not recommend testing it against real Openstack deployments yet unless you're comfortable cleaning up manually when it breaks. That said, any comments and suggestions are welcome.