atom feed25 messages in org.mozilla.lists.support-planningRe: Do we keep Fx2 documentation?
FromSent OnAttachments
Chris IliasDec 7, 2008 8:59 pm
Matthew MiddletonDec 7, 2008 10:25 pm
Axel HechtDec 8, 2008 2:16 am
David TenserDec 8, 2008 5:43 am
john1Dec 9, 2008 8:57 am
David TenserDec 9, 2008 11:45 am
David TenserDec 9, 2008 11:54 am
Matthew MiddletonDec 9, 2008 3:42 pm
Majken ConnorDec 9, 2008 6:50 pm
Gen KanaiDec 10, 2008 3:40 pm
David TenserDec 11, 2008 2:40 am
Chris IliasDec 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Cheng WangDec 19, 2008 11:54 pm
Simon (Underpass)Dec 19, 2008 11:58 pm
Chris IliasDec 21, 2008 10:16 am
Majken ConnorDec 21, 2008 10:25 am
David TenserDec 21, 2008 10:59 am
Majken ConnorDec 21, 2008 11:04 am
Mike ConnorDec 21, 2008 11:28 am
David TenserDec 21, 2008 1:09 pm
Mike ConnorDec 21, 2008 1:37 pm
David TenserDec 21, 2008 2:09 pm
Chris IliasDec 31, 2008 9:57 am
Chris IliasJan 29, 2009 11:05 am
David TenserFeb 2, 2009 8:35 am
Subject:Re: Do we keep Fx2 documentation?
From:Chris Ilias (nm@ilias.ca)
Date:Jan 29, 2009 11:05:45 am
List:org.mozilla.lists.support-planning

On 12/7/08 11:59 PM, _Chris Ilias_ spoke thusly:

One thing that has been touched on in other threads, but not really addressed is: Are we going to keep Firefox 2 content in the knowledge base?

My vote is to remove Firefox 2 content because: * It makes article markup much cleaner, thus much easier to edit. * We should only provide documentation for supported versions of Firefox.

Based on an email David forwarded to us from Marketing, here's a draft for our Fx2EOL content block:

^__Mozilla is not planning any further security and stability updates for Firefox 2__, and recommends that you ((Updating Firefox|upgrade to Firefox 3)) as soon as possible. It's free, and your settings and bookmarks will be preserved.

Also, the Phishing Protection service will no longer be available for Firefox 2 users. Firefox 3 offers a free Phishing and Malware Protection service, which will continue to protect you from online scams and attacks.^