atom feed10 messages in com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-apiRe: Is there a way to fetch the whole...
FromSent OnAttachments
AnnddrewApr 8, 2009 6:52 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 8, 2009 6:55 am
AnnddrewApr 8, 2009 12:43 pm
Jeremy GeerdesApr 8, 2009 12:52 pm
AnnddrewApr 8, 2009 7:18 pm
Jeremy GeerdesApr 8, 2009 7:20 pm
AnnddrewApr 9, 2009 6:13 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 9, 2009 6:19 am
AnnddrewApr 9, 2009 8:37 am
Jeremy GeerdesApr 9, 2009 8:49 am
Subject:Re: Is there a way to fetch the whole page from a URL ?
From:Jeremy Geerdes (jrge@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 8, 2009 7:20:18 pm
List:com.googlegroups.google-ajax-search-api

Nope. They document doing exactly that at the links below:

http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/documentation/index.html#fonje http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/documentation/reference.html#_intro_fonje

Jeremy R. Geerdes Effective website design & development Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote: http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.com http://jgeerdes.blogspot.com http://jgeerdes.wordpress.com jgee@mchsi.com

Unless otherwise noted, any price quotes contained within this communication are given in US dollars.

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

And check out my blog, Adventures in Web Development, at
http://jgeerdes.blogspot.com !

I understood your point Jeremy but if I use Curl, UserAgent, or WebClient will google block me due to violation of its rules because I'm not using the api? thanks

The AJAX API is the only legal way to access Google's search services from your own applications. However, your question was, "I would like to know if there is a way to grab the full content of a page given its URL?" The answer to that question is the method that I proposed. If you are wanting the full content of a search result, then you would run your search through the AJAX API and then run the appropriate URL(s) through Curl, UserAgent, or WebClient, etc. There is no way to get the full content of one of the search results directly through the Search or any other Google API that I'm aware of.

Jeremy R. Geerdes Effective website design & development Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:http://jgeerdes.home.mchsi.comhttp ://jgeerdes.blogspot.comhttp://jgeerdes.wordpress.com jgee@mchsi.com

Unless otherwise noted, any price quotes contained within this communication are given in US dollars.

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

And check out my blog, Adventures in Web Development,
athttp://jgeerdes.blogspot.com !

Thanks Jeremy for your reply but doesn't your method violate the terms of use of Google? I thought Google allows access to its database only through its ajax api. Thanks

Andrew

There is no Google AJAX API to do this, but you can build something fairly quickly on your own using XMLHttpRequest and a server-side proxy application. Basically, the proxy application will accept a url via the XMLHttpRequest; retrieve that url using curl or UserAgent or - gulp - WebClient, etc.; and then return it to your JS.