|Subject:||RE: [ubl-lsc] Remember: UBL Liaison SC telcon Friday (2002.04.26)|
|From:||Patrick Gannon (patr...@oasis-open.org)|
|Date:||Apr 25, 2002 4:17:12 pm|
Jon, Regrets. I will not be able to call in Friday (other than briefly as I will only be able to use mobile phone from Europe ($$$$). However, OASIS is continuing inter-organizational contacts that may be of interest to UBL. Here are some updates:
1) UK Office of e-Envoy. I am meeting with e-Envoy management and the Chair of the OASIS Election Services TC. The UK's e-GIF (Government Interoperability Framework) organization is currently reviewing ebXML and UBL (along with many other "standards") before moving ahead to make any formal endorsement of standards that would then become mandatory at ALL governmental levels with the UK.
2) CIDX & PIDX. I have accepted an invitation to attend and present at the CIDX meeting in Houston on 20-21 May (then hop a flight to ebXML meetings in Barcelona). These two orgs plus a couple other related orgs are meeting to decide which e-Business activities they should endorse. I'll do a broad OASIS update but also use appropriate UBL slides depending on what are the key issues they tell me they want to hear about.
3) CommerceNet Follow-up discussions are continuing with OASIS, however they are still in a significant management/direction change, and are not ready to take steps to announce inter-organizational projects just yet.
4) TranXML I met with representatives from Transentric on their TranXML effort. They are leaning heavily toward creating BODs within OAGI. Unfortunately there are folks within OAGI who are VERY negative about UBL. So, more work needs to be done to discuss with Transentric synergistic ways to work to create an atmosphere for more positive liaison with UBL. Discussions are continuing.
Keep up the good work. I'll let you know of other efforts.
Patrick Gannon President & CEO OASIS +1-978-667-5115 x201 (Office) +1-408-242-1018 (Mobile) +1-978-667-5114 (Fax) patr...@oasis-open.org http://www.oasis-open.org http://www.xml.org http://xml.coverpages.org/ http://www.ebxml.org
-----Original Message----- From: Jon Bosak [mailto:Jon....@sun.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 4:54 PM To: ubl-...@lists.oasis-open.org; stua...@bis.org; garr...@oracle.com; sue....@commerceone.com; ray....@us.pwcglobal.com; ron....@sun.com; nige...@spangraph.freeserve.co.uk; nwoo...@acord.org Subject: [ubl-lsc] Remember: UBL Liaison SC telcon Friday (2002.04.26)
Members of the UBL Liaison Subcommittee and invited observers,
Remember that we are meeting Friday 26 April at 8 a.m. California time.
- Progress report on early reviews
- Relationship with X12 and UN/CEFACT
- Calendar review
U.S.: 888 422 7105 International: 608 250 9675 Participant code: 448 342
Jon Bosak Chair, UBL LSC
---------------------------------------------------------------- To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription manager: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl>