I've tried numerous encodings in my tld file, it always says UTF-8 even when I'm not encoded in UTF-8. It was pointed out that this is a bug in an old version of Xerces. But, when I install LE versions, I'm not using Xerces, I'm using the default Crimson parser in j2sdk 1.4.
When I pull my tld's out of the Jar files reference the external copies in web.xml everything loads ok, so it looks like it is definitly a problem in some Jar URLConnection...
p.s. I'm not trying to just get an installation to work, I want my users to just be able to download tomcat, install it out of the box and install my taglibray jar. I want them to reference the "jar" in the web.xml and not the tld file and I want it work an all versions of Tomcat 4.0 thru 4.1 tested on both Windows and Linux.
Works for me with no problems on all 4.0.x and 4.1.x versions of Tomcat;
but I'm not trying to use any UTF-8 characters in my TLDs either.
I hadn't thought I was using any special UTF-8 characters in my tld's.
But the default encoding set by the XML Editor I'm using was UTF-8.
Again I tried to save the file in another ISO format and was successfull
in saving it in that format and parsing it in that format externally.
The parser used by tomcat was still barking that it couldn't parse it,
that there was a non-UTF-8 charater present.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: <mailto:tomc...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomc...@jakarta.apache.org>