atom feed3 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] courier-imap ldap...
FromSent OnAttachments
TuffFeb 22, 2006 3:24 am
Dino CiuffettiFeb 22, 2006 4:26 am
Gordon MessmerFeb 22, 2006 7:44 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] courier-imap ldap authentification randomly failed
From:Gordon Messmer (yiny@eburg.com)
Date:Feb 22, 2006 7:44:03 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Tuff wrote:

Hi I am running courier-imap with openldap and use Thunderbird imap client for testing issues. I need to login the same user ("intraadmin") to two different imap servers (with the same ldap server). The authentification pocess often fails. Is it a normal behavior ? Is it possible to do so? if yes, How ?

Given the log you posted, I'd guess that your LDAP server isn't indexing the mail attribute. Configure the directory to do so and re-index the database. Searching for an address should return a result in less than one second (virtually immediately). If searches take longer than that, there's something wrong with your directory.