atom feed36 messages in com.marklogic.developer.generalRe: [MarkLogic Dev General] Processin...
FromSent OnAttachments
Todd GochenourFeb 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Damon FeldmanFeb 19, 2012 6:00 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 19, 2012 10:56 pm
Geert JostenFeb 19, 2012 11:08 pm
Geert JostenFeb 19, 2012 11:12 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 19, 2012 11:46 pm
Geert JostenFeb 20, 2012 2:42 am
Damon FeldmanFeb 20, 2012 7:25 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 7:53 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 7:57 am
Michael BlakeleyFeb 20, 2012 9:14 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 9:22 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 9:39 am
Tim MeagherFeb 20, 2012 9:56 am
Michael BlakeleyFeb 20, 2012 9:59 am
Michael BlakeleyFeb 20, 2012 10:10 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 10:48 am
Todd GochenourFeb 20, 2012 12:16 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 21, 2012 6:59 am
David LeeFeb 21, 2012 7:01 am
Todd GochenourFeb 21, 2012 7:51 am
David LeeFeb 21, 2012 8:02 am
mcun...@comcast.netFeb 21, 2012 8:09 am
Colleen WhitneyFeb 21, 2012 9:16 am
Michael BlakeleyFeb 21, 2012 10:06 am
Todd GochenourFeb 21, 2012 10:15 am
Todd GochenourFeb 24, 2012 10:09 pm
Geert JostenFeb 24, 2012 11:57 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 25, 2012 9:53 am
Geert JostenFeb 25, 2012 9:59 am
Todd GochenourFeb 25, 2012 10:05 am
Geert JostenFeb 25, 2012 12:01 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 25, 2012 4:04 pm
Geert JostenFeb 26, 2012 2:16 am
Todd GochenourFeb 26, 2012 3:59 pm
Todd GochenourFeb 26, 2012 10:09 pm
Subject:Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Processing Large Documents?
From:Geert Josten (geer@dayon.nl)
Date:Feb 25, 2012 9:59:55 am
List:com.marklogic.developer.general

Hi Todd,

I thought you said the blob contained hexBinary. In that case, just get it as string, cast it to xs:hexBinary, and pass that to binary {} constructor. That is not the case? What kind of values can your xsi:type attribute have? Can you give a small sample?

Kind regards,

Geert

*Van:* gene@developer.marklogic.com [mailto: gene@developer.marklogic.com] *Namens *Todd Gochenour *Verzonden:* zaterdag 25 februari 2012 18:54 *Aan:* MarkLogic Developer Discussion *Onderwerp:* Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Processing Large Documents?

My question is, what happened to the /file_blob/@xsi:type attribute. Was it interpreted by MarkLogic or just discarded or is it there but my query fails to properly ask for it? Could it be that the element is already known by MarkLogic as hexBinary and so a cast to hexBinary is going in the wrong direction? I tried it without the cast with just { binary( $file_blob ) } but extracting and saving a PDF, I still couldn't get Adobe to open it. I'm now looking at the insert-document options cause I think its here I need to set mime-type.