atom feed72 messages in org.w3.public-webapiRe: ACTION-87: Selectors API
FromSent OnAttachments
16 earlier messages
Ian HicksonMar 6, 2006 12:33 pm
Ian HicksonMar 6, 2006 12:35 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:30 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:33 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 2:35 am
mozerMar 22, 2006 3:16 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 3:58 am
mozerMar 22, 2006 4:30 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 4:37 am
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 5:43 am
Anne van KesterenMar 22, 2006 6:08 am
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:45 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:16 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:22 am
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 11:25 am
Robin BerjonMar 22, 2006 2:01 pm
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 2:28 pm
Ian HicksonMar 22, 2006 2:48 pm
Ian HicksonMar 22, 2006 2:51 pm
Maciej StachowiakMar 22, 2006 3:20 pm
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:17 pm
Jim LeyMar 22, 2006 6:24 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 23, 2006 4:28 am
Ian HicksonMar 23, 2006 2:31 pm
Anne van KesterenMar 25, 2006 4:36 am
Ian HicksonMar 27, 2006 3:13 pm
Anne van KesterenApr 3, 2006 5:46 am
Anne van KesterenApr 3, 2006 5:51 am
lioreanMay 12, 2006 8:49 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 13, 2006 4:15 am
lioreanMay 13, 2006 12:08 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 13, 2006 12:26 pm
lioreanMay 13, 2006 2:40 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 14, 2006 7:20 am
lioreanMay 14, 2006 4:22 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 15, 2006 3:15 am
lioreanMay 16, 2006 9:29 pm
Anne van KesterenMay 17, 2006 5:18 am
Lachlan HuntMay 17, 2006 6:19 am
Anne van KesterenMay 17, 2006 6:30 am
Jim LeyMay 17, 2006 6:35 am
Lachlan HuntMay 17, 2006 7:02 am
Robin BerjonMay 17, 2006 7:07 am
Anne van KesterenMay 18, 2006 12:46 am
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:11 pm
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:24 pm
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 3:42 pm
Ian HicksonMay 30, 2006 3:55 pm
Robin BerjonMay 30, 2006 4:15 pm
Jonas SickingMay 30, 2006 5:56 pm
6 later messages
Subject:Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API
From:Anne van Kesteren (ann@opera.com)
Date:Mar 25, 2006 4:36:54 am
List:org.w3.public-webapi

Another draft: <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/selectors-api/draft/selectors-api.htm?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8&rev=1.16>

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:31:22 +0100, Ian Hickson <ia@hixie.ch> wrote:

As you note in your reply, the following paragraph:

[...]

...is basically empty. Given that this is the only section that describes how to handle the nsresolver argument, I think this should be addressed.

I believe it's addressed now. Suggestions for improvements are welcome. If it eventually may come that far that DOM Level 3 XPath is not done in time I'll define it in the draft, but I rather not do that.

I don't think "In ECMAScript bindings the nsresolver argument in both match and matchAll must be an optional argument." as a requirement makes sense. I think it would be better to phrase it as something like "In ECMAScript, if the nsresolver argument in an invocation of match() or matchAll() is omitted, UAs must handle the invocation as if the nsresolver argument was null." or something.

I tried the "or something" part. Let me know how it turned out :-)

Seems reasonable, although there is a bit of a leap between the concept of languages supporting method overloading and the concept of the argument being omitted. (Also, note that technically ECMAScript doesn't support method overloading.)

That should be fixed now.

If you really want to not use the term NodeList, I recommend defining StaticNodeList as:

typedef StaticNodeList NodeList;

...rather than duplicating the interface definition.

Used your suggestion. Will remove the open issue after you checked it.

Seems fine. It was Maciej's idea originally.

Thanks Maciej!