atom feed36 messages in org.apache.incubator.flex-devRe: Trace & Log
FromSent OnAttachments
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 9:37 am
Omar GonzalezJan 19, 2012 9:40 am
Skogen, EspenJan 19, 2012 9:45 am
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 9:51 am
Arnoud BosJan 19, 2012 9:55 am
Rui SilvaJan 19, 2012 9:57 am
Petr CihelkaJan 19, 2012 10:01 am
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 10:02 am
Omar GonzalezJan 19, 2012 10:04 am
Alex HaruiJan 19, 2012 10:06 am
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 10:20 am
Omar GonzalezJan 19, 2012 10:28 am
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 11:10 am
Alex HaruiJan 19, 2012 11:31 am
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 12:02 pm
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 12:04 pm
Alex HaruiJan 19, 2012 12:33 pm
Roland ZwagaJan 19, 2012 1:52 pm
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 7:08 pm
saurabh jainJan 19, 2012 10:28 pm
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 10:36 pm
Alex HaruiJan 19, 2012 10:42 pm
saurabh jainJan 19, 2012 10:44 pm
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 11:33 pm
saurabh jainJan 19, 2012 11:43 pm
Martin HeideggerJan 19, 2012 11:51 pm
saurabh jainJan 20, 2012 12:17 am
Dirk EismannJan 20, 2012 12:42 am
Martin HeideggerJan 20, 2012 12:46 am
Dirk EismannJan 20, 2012 6:42 am
Martin HeideggerJan 20, 2012 6:59 am
Roland ZwagaJan 20, 2012 7:03 am
Dirk EismannJan 20, 2012 7:12 am
Roland ZwagaJan 20, 2012 7:25 am
Martin HeideggerJan 25, 2012 12:52 am
Alex HaruiJan 25, 2012 2:06 pm
Subject:Re: Trace & Log
From:Dirk Eismann (bort@googlemail.com)
Date:Jan 20, 2012 6:42:41 am
List:org.apache.incubator.flex-dev

I just researched the flash.trace.Trace class Alex mentioned and found

http://blog.sangupta.com/2011/08/magic-of-flashtracetrace.html

which was blogged by Sandeep (who is on this list as well).

A quite interesting (undoc'ed) feature that might be handy but I guess this is a debug runtime / debug build feature only.

Dirk.

I like the idea. I often wished we had logging capabilities for release version SWFs running in release players that are similar to what e.g.. log4j offers for Java applications (the reason it works in Java is that javac by default always compiles debug information for source files and line numbers into class files. They have no concept of a "release build" vs. a "debug build". Different VM, different features)

The use case Martin describes (error only happening in release player or only on specific machine configurations usually at the end user / customer) sounds too familiar. The way I handled this was to add some self crafted logging that accumulates log information and on demand sends them away using http... not nice, but works. But it also could be so much better.

So I definitely would like to see these logging features Martin sketched up and would be happy to help out.

Dirk.