atom feed1 message in com.googlegroups.google-chrome-help-how-toUsing VBA to Open Chrome and Display ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ted PalssonSep 2, 2008 4:54 pm
Subject:Using VBA to Open Chrome and Display Google Maps
From:Ted Palsson ()
Date:Sep 2, 2008 4:54:30 pm
List:com.googlegroups.google-chrome-help-how-to

I've got Google Chrome installed and would like to modify the VBA code in my Access database application to launch Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, but when I modify the code to open Chrome I get the following error: "ActiveX component can't create object"

Here is the code I have (the code the works for Internet Explorer and the modified code for Chrome):

Dim IEapp As Object Dim CHromeapp As Object

'Open Internet Explorer and Display the Route Set IEapp = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With IEapp .Visible = True .Navigate strURL End With

'Wait until Internet Explorer finishes loading While IEapp.Busy DoEvents Wend

'Open Google Chrome Web Browser and Display the Route Set CHromeapp = CreateObject("Chrome.Application") With CHromeapp .Visible = True .Navigate strURL End With

'Wait until Internet Explorer finishes loading While CHromeapp.Busy DoEvents Wend

I'm looking forward to using Chrome with my database!

Thanks!