atom feed8 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.etherboot-developersRe: [Etherboot-developers] gPXE and d...
FromSent OnAttachments
Simon KelleyApr 8, 2009 1:00 am
Marty ConnorApr 8, 2009 9:38 am
Simon KelleyApr 8, 2009 12:42 pm
Michael BrownApr 15, 2009 9:29 am
Michael BrownApr 15, 2009 1:11 pm
Simon KelleyApr 16, 2009 9:41 am
Michael BrownApr 16, 2009 12:02 pm
Simon KelleyApr 19, 2009 7:54 am
Subject:Re: [Etherboot-developers] gPXE and dnsmasq
From:Michael Brown (mbr@fensystems.co.uk)
Date:Apr 15, 2009 1:11:05 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.etherboot-developers

On Wednesday 08 April 2009 09:00:02 Simon Kelley wrote:

The first is the option 67 one: gPXE asks for option 67 in DHCPDISCOVER/DHCPREQUEST but if it gets the boot filename that way, it ignores it. It would be great to change that since at the moment to use gPXE and dnsmasq an obscure dnsmasq option is needed. I could detect gPXE (by looking for option 175) and special-case it, and I will do that if there's a good reason to retain the existing gPXE behaviour. I'm hoping that the existing gPXE behaviour is an oversight and it can be fixed in gPXE.

Fixed in commit b363d19a164c0741623182e327367d3f323c6cf8: Author: Michael Brown <mcb@etherboot.org> Date: Wed Apr 15 21:08:02 2009 +0100

[dhcp] Accept filename via DHCP option 67 as well as BOOTP filename field

Allow options with dedicated BOOTP fields to fall back to using the equivalent DHCP option if the relevant field is empty.

Michael