atom feed37 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-ukRe: [ubuntu-uk] Loading Fiesty into M...
FromSent OnAttachments
Robin MenneerApr 28, 2007 8:37 am
TheVeechApr 28, 2007 11:24 am
Robin MenneerApr 28, 2007 2:16 pm
TheVeechApr 28, 2007 2:36 pm
TheVeechApr 28, 2007 3:12 pm
TheVeechApr 28, 2007 3:57 pm
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 2:34 am
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 2:34 am
LeeUKHAApr 29, 2007 2:39 am
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 3:40 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 4:16 am
Toby SmitheApr 29, 2007 4:26 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 4:35 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 4:37 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 4:41 am
LeeUKHAApr 29, 2007 5:22 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 5:57 am
Toby SmitheApr 29, 2007 6:51 am
Toby SmitheApr 29, 2007 6:52 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 7:04 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 7:08 am
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 8:14 am
Toby SmitheApr 29, 2007 8:37 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 11:57 am
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 12:03 pm
Toby SmitheApr 29, 2007 12:14 pm
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 12:22 pm
Robin MenneerApr 29, 2007 12:30 pm
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 1:57 pm
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 1:58 pm
TheVeechApr 29, 2007 2:00 pm
Robin MenneerMay 1, 2007 10:31 am
TheVeechMay 1, 2007 11:10 am
Robin MenneerMay 2, 2007 1:39 am
TheVeechMay 2, 2007 3:07 am
Robin MenneerMay 2, 2007 4:00 am
TheVeechMay 2, 2007 4:31 am
Subject:Re: [ubuntu-uk] Loading Fiesty into Mac mini
From:Robin Menneer (robi@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 29, 2007 8:14:27 am
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-uk

On 4/29/07, TheVeech <thev@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 14:51 +0100, Toby Smithe wrote:

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 10:34 +0100, Robin Menneer wrote:

I'm afraid that my missus has put her oar in and insists that she has the new machine. This means that I shall have to transfer all her folders + Neooffice J (she doesn't like the later versions) on to the new machine via pen drive before we can get going. But it does mean that we shall be putting Ubuntu on the old pre-intel mac mini and so can now get the info you need if you will tell me where to look, please.

If it's not an Intel Mac, it must be a PowerPC Mac, and as such will not run the Intel-based software (nor is PowerPC officially supported any more, since Feisty).

Robin, it's starting to look like you're going to have to give your other half one hell of a guilt trip to reclaim that new machine.

We'll all be thinking of you :O

Does this mean that Fiesty won't go on a PowerPCmac leaving me with Dapper ?

I've had a look at the forums (? fora) again, and gained no further insight, their problems tend to be in isolation. And looked at the manual which seems to be for Edgy but which soon leaves me behind.. A paragraph or two seem quite ok, then suddenly I'm faced with something I have difficulty in coping with. My indifferent memory doesn't help.