atom feed13 messages in org.apache.maven.dev[SUREFIRE] Surefire provider for JUni...
FromSent OnAttachments
Benedikt RitterAug 27, 2016 2:23 am
Kristian RosenvoldAug 27, 2016 3:27 am
Tibor DiganaAug 27, 2016 6:01 am
Benedikt RitterAug 27, 2016 7:28 am
Tibor DiganaAug 27, 2016 12:35 pm
Tibor DiganaAug 27, 2016 1:48 pm
Benedikt RitterAug 28, 2016 11:40 pm
Tibor DiganaAug 29, 2016 3:46 am
Benedikt RitterAug 30, 2016 1:05 pm
Tibor DiganaAug 30, 2016 1:44 pm
Tibor DiganaAug 30, 2016 1:46 pm
Benedikt RitterSep 3, 2016 10:06 am
Tibor DiganaSep 4, 2016 10:59 am
Subject:[SUREFIRE] Surefire provider for JUnit 5?
From:Benedikt Ritter (brit@apache.org)
Date:Aug 27, 2016 2:23:58 am
List:org.apache.maven.dev

Hi,

I'm currently at SoCraTes 2016 [1] and I got a chance to talk to Marc Philipp [2], who is one of the maintainers of the JUnit project. As you might know, the JUnit team is currently working on the next major release of JUnit (JUnit 5 a.k.a Jupiter) [3]. Quite a lot will change in JUnit 5 and Marc gave me a kick start about the new architecture. The JUnit team already implemented a rudimentary surefire provider for JUnit 5 [4] and they eventually like to donate it to the maven project. This is where I come into play, since I know Marc know and I'm a member of the ASF and I though it would be good to help with this.

What I'd like to find out is how we can move this forward. So here are two questions to get us started: - is the maven community interested in a donation of a surefire provider for JUnit 5? (I volunteer to drive that and maintain the code afterwards) - JUnit 5 is Java 8. Will this be a blocker?

Looking forward to hearing from you, Benedikt

[1] http://socrates-conference.de/ [2] https://twitter.com/marcphilipp [3] http://junit.org/junit5/ [4] https://github.com/junit-team/junit5/tree/master/junit-platform-surefire-provider