atom feed11 messages in org.osafoundation.chandler-devRe: [chandler-dev] Building Chandler ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Matt SchaferJun 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Grant BaillieJun 19, 2009 8:05 am
Matt SchaferJun 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Grant BaillieJun 24, 2009 4:44 pm
Matt SchaferJun 25, 2009 12:41 am
Grant BaillieJun 25, 2009 11:41 am
Matt SchaferJun 25, 2009 2:06 pm
Grant BaillieJun 26, 2009 4:45 pm
Andi VajdaJun 26, 2009 5:01 pm
Grant BaillieJun 26, 2009 5:58 pm
Andi VajdaJun 27, 2009 12:21 am
Subject:Re: [chandler-dev] Building Chandler 1.0.3+ on Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)
From:Grant Baillie (gra@osafoundation.org)
Date:Jun 26, 2009 5:58:07 pm
List:org.osafoundation.chandler-dev

On 26 Jun, 2009, at 17:02, Andi Vajda wrote:

On Jun 27, 2009, at 1:46, Grant Baillie <gra@osafoundation.org> wrote:

... At the least, I think it would be good to get that source (or newer) to build against python 2.6 (for Karmic).

PyLucene builds and works fine against Python 2.6. To upgrade: - use PyLucene 2.4.1-2 - use the right JCC invocation (-m won't work until 2.7) (example is in Makefile) - implement the necessary changes in the repository lucene directory code (If I remember right, they're simple, having to do with byte arrays; the previous person that attempted this (techgurufloyd) figured them out by himself)

Thanks for the info, Andi. Is there anything wrong with building the old version (2.3-something) with the changed jcc invocation? That seems to work (and searches in Chandler don't crash :o).

I think that techgurufloyd's chandlerdb patch is in this message:

http://markmail.org/message/q275nfaywxvzpqpz

I'd be more than happy to make that change (and the PyLucene version change) if it's a way toward not having to build PyLucene as part of Chandler on Ubuntu :).

--Grant