atom feed6 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Bundling CUDA Ker...
FromSent OnAttachments
Thomas DingesDec 11, 2011 10:33 am
Davis SorensonDec 11, 2011 10:38 am
Thomas DingesDec 11, 2011 10:50 am
Yousef HurfoushDec 11, 2011 11:35 am
Wolfgang FähnleDec 11, 2011 12:39 pm
Brecht Van LommelDec 12, 2011 2:45 pm
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Bundling CUDA Kernels on all plattforms
From:Brecht Van Lommel (brec@pandora.be)
Date:Dec 12, 2011 2:45:00 pm
List:org.blender.bf-committers

Hi,

The reason to not support 1.2 and lower is mostly so that we don't have to drop support for them again in one of the next releases when we add more features. I don't want to add support for an architecture that we might not be able to support anymore in the next release.

Regarding bundling CUDA kernels, I'll ask Sergey to do it for Linux builds. For Mac there's not much point I think, as far as I know they're not selling computers with NVidia cards that have shader model 1.3 or newer, all the high end computers have ATI.

Brecht.