atom feed12 messages in org.blender.bf-committers[Bf-committers] UTF8 text input statu...
FromSent OnAttachments
Brecht Van LommelNov 1, 2011 4:57 pm
Campbell BartonNov 1, 2011 6:33 pm
Alexandr KuznetsovNov 1, 2011 7:07 pm
Campbell BartonNov 1, 2011 9:26 pm
Jens VerwiebeNov 2, 2011 12:57 am
Campbell BartonNov 2, 2011 2:40 am
Jens VerwiebeNov 2, 2011 3:41 am
Campbell BartonNov 2, 2011 3:56 am
Jens VerwiebeNov 2, 2011 4:08 am
KnappNov 2, 2011 4:10 am
Jens VerwiebeNov 2, 2011 4:10 am
Dalai FelintoNov 18, 2011 5:08 pm
Subject:[Bf-committers] UTF8 text input status (on OS X)
From:Brecht Van Lommel (brec@pandora.be)
Date:Nov 1, 2011 4:57:42 pm
List:org.blender.bf-committers

Hi all,

I was asked to look at the remaining unicode text issues remaining on OS X. It seems there are some issues specific to this operating system, and some general:

a) Uppercases character umlaut (e.g. Ü) are not rendered correctly in the user interface, they do show in 3D text and the text editor. Appears to be a text rendering problem that would happen on all platforms? b) The text editor does not use the new event->utf8 at all yet, still only event->ascii. It seems the text editor may need major rewriting to support utf8, so this is not intended to work yet?

Two OS X issues:

c) Typing with dead keys (e.g. ¨ + o => ö) didn't work for me. I managed to get it working using NSTextInput, patch here if people want to test, I'm not very confident that this doesn't break something, so some testing would be great: http://www.pasteall.org/25983/diff d) Typing e.g. ` + o to get ò seems to break various shortcut keys (same issue exists in 2.59). For example pressing ctrl+q does nothing after this, changing window focus or typing other characters makes it work again.

Brecht.