atom feed27 messages in org.apache.incubator.generalRe: [RESULT] Accept JCR for Incubation
FromSent OnAttachments
Roy T. FieldingAug 25, 2004 11:52 am
Noel J. BergmanAug 25, 2004 12:13 pm
Roy T. FieldingAug 25, 2004 12:43 pm
Dain SundstromAug 25, 2004 4:35 pm
Alex KarasuluAug 25, 2004 7:30 pm
Nicola Ken BarozziAug 26, 2004 1:07 am
Berin LautenbachAug 26, 2004 4:47 am
Leo SimonsAug 26, 2004 11:10 am
Greg SteinAug 26, 2004 11:50 am
Cliff SchmidtAug 26, 2004 1:55 pm
Dion GillardAug 26, 2004 4:58 pm
Geir Magnusson JrAug 26, 2004 5:07 pm
Jim JagielskiAug 27, 2004 7:39 am
Michael WechnerAug 30, 2004 8:15 am
Stefano MazzocchiAug 30, 2004 8:46 am
David NueschelerAug 30, 2004 8:55 am
Michael WechnerAug 30, 2004 9:23 am
David NueschelerAug 30, 2004 9:45 am
Michael WechnerAug 30, 2004 9:53 am
Michael WechnerAug 30, 2004 9:56 am
Rolf KulemannAug 30, 2004 9:56 am
Andrew SavoryAug 30, 2004 10:21 am
Roy T. FieldingAug 31, 2004 5:35 pm
Roy T. FieldingSep 7, 2004 2:03 pm
Stefano MazzocchiSep 7, 2004 4:37 pm
Greg SteinSep 7, 2004 4:43 pm
Jim JagielskiSep 8, 2004 5:09 am
Subject:Re: [RESULT] Accept JCR for Incubation
From:Roy T. Fielding (fiel@gbiv.com)
Date:Sep 7, 2004 2:03:27 pm
List:org.apache.incubator.general

I was working on the initial docs and mailing lists over the weekend and got stuck on making a distinction between the JCR API (JSR 170) and the Apache podling creating an implementation of it. As Gianugo said on the Slide mailing list

...my first proposal would be rethink the name: jcr or jcrri aren't "product" names, and they smell bad of "just" RI

and we actually came up with a better name internally at Day: Jackrabbit <http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/wild/mammals/rabbit.htm>

I am going to be lazy and just create the initial lists under that name and will change it if the PPMC objects. I already did the nameprotect search and it is clean, and "Lepus californicus" (not kidding) happens to reside in the same lands as the Apache tribes.

In other news, Jim ack'd receipt of the CCLA/grant from Day and most of the initial committers already have CLAs on file, so we are ready to get started.

....Roy