atom feed37 messages in org.apache.incubator.callback-devRe: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Gord TannerJul 20, 2012 4:20 pm
Filip MajJul 21, 2012 3:12 pm
Ross GardlerJul 21, 2012 8:00 pm
gtan...@gmail.comJul 22, 2012 9:41 am
Laurent HassonJul 22, 2012 10:02 am
eduardo pelegri-llopartJul 22, 2012 10:16 am
Ross GardlerJul 22, 2012 10:19 am
Paul PlaquetteJul 23, 2012 2:26 am
Laurent HassonJul 24, 2012 6:15 pm
Filip MajJul 25, 2012 10:45 am
Dan SilivestruJul 25, 2012 11:02 am
Michael BrooksJul 25, 2012 5:12 pm
Paul PlaquetteJul 26, 2012 6:57 am
gtan...@gmail.comJul 26, 2012 7:06 am
Jukka ZittingJul 26, 2012 7:25 am
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 7:53 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 10:04 am
Ken WallisJul 26, 2012 10:51 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 11:10 am
gtan...@gmail.comJul 26, 2012 11:18 am
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 11:36 am
Brian LeRouxJul 26, 2012 11:49 am
Filip MajJul 26, 2012 1:29 pm
Ross GardlerJul 26, 2012 1:58 pm
Jukka ZittingJul 30, 2012 6:53 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 7:04 am
Jukka ZittingJul 30, 2012 7:06 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 7:31 am
Michael BrooksJul 30, 2012 8:56 am
Ross GardlerJul 30, 2012 9:21 am
Gord TannerJul 30, 2012 2:18 pm
Ross GardlerJul 31, 2012 7:49 am
Jukka ZittingJul 31, 2012 10:03 am
Dan SilivestruJul 31, 2012 10:07 am
Gord TannerAug 2, 2012 8:58 am
Ross GardlerAug 3, 2012 12:52 am
Dan SilivestruAug 3, 2012 5:24 am
Subject:Re: DISCUSS: Ripple as a sub-project of Cordova
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 31, 2012 10:03:04 am
List:org.apache.incubator.callback-dev

Hi,

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:

On 30 July 2012 22:18, Gord Tanner <go@tinyhippos.com <javascript:;>> wrote:

Our main goal for Ripple being in the ASF is to try to build community around it and get the cordova / mobile web app developer bases behind it and able to contribute to it without the "This belongs to RIM" mindset we are getting now.

That's a very good start ;-)

+1

The broader community goal is best served by being a separate podling.

The narrower Cordova goal might be better served by being a sub-project and, as Jukka said, you can always spin-out of Cordova as a TLP later.

Or vice versa, if Ripple on its own doesn't end up attracting a community beyond that of Cordova, it's also possible to "spin-in" later to a Cordova subproject.

Based on the discussion so far it sounds like Ripple has the makings of a great Apache project also on its own, especially with co-operation and some committer overlap with Cordova.

This may be getting off topic now for the cordova mailing lists so who do I talk to from ASF to start setting up the donation of Ripple?

First off you need a Champion. Their role is to help guide you through the proposal process which is described at [1]. The role of champion is defined at [2]

You'll also need some Apache mentors to help once you get started. I'd be happy to volunteer.

BR,