atom feed5 messages in net.launchpad.lists.openstackRe: [Openstack] new version of gerrit...
FromSent OnAttachments
Monty TaylorJun 7, 2012 3:46 pm
John PostlethwaitJun 8, 2012 12:46 am
Razique MahrouaJun 8, 2012 12:56 am.jpg
Chmouel BoudjnahJun 8, 2012 1:08 am
Thierry CarrezJun 8, 2012 1:22 am
Subject:Re: [Openstack] new version of gerrit - with new features!
From:Thierry Carrez (thie@openstack.org)
Date:Jun 8, 2012 1:22:26 am
List:net.launchpad.lists.openstack

Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

David Shrewsbury wrote a long-requested feature: a Work In Progress state. Changes will now have a Work In Progress button on them that can

So the difference between WIP and Draft is one is public and the other is not, right?

That's my understanding. I agree that the naming is quite confusing... Renaming "Drafts" to "Private" would probably be a more accurate description.

Also - we have an open question - which is, if the pre-approval check jobs fail in Jenkins, should the patch be automatically marked Work In Progress. We're not going to do that right out of the gate, but would love feedback on what people think.

I think that a reasonable assumption to say that if the commit didn't pass the tests there is still work to do in there and be marked as such.

In an ideal world yes... But with the amount of false negatives we have in jenkins tests, having test failures drop below the radar line might not be the best idea (yet).