atom feed15 messages in org.apache.spark.userRe: Purpose of spark-submit?
FromSent OnAttachments
Robert JamesJul 8, 2014 6:22 pm
Patrick WendellJul 9, 2014 12:45 am
Koert KuipersJul 9, 2014 5:20 am
Surendranauth HiramanJul 9, 2014 5:30 am
Robert JamesJul 9, 2014 6:47 am
Jerry LamJul 9, 2014 7:14 am
AndreiJul 9, 2014 8:34 am
Sandy RyzaJul 9, 2014 9:05 am
Koert KuipersJul 9, 2014 9:14 am
Jerry LamJul 9, 2014 9:25 am
Sandy RyzaJul 9, 2014 9:28 am
Ron GonzalezJul 9, 2014 9:37 am
Ron GonzalezJul 9, 2014 9:40 am
Andrew OrJul 9, 2014 6:39 pm
Koert KuipersJul 10, 2014 6:10 am
Subject:Re: Purpose of spark-submit?
From:Sandy Ryza (sand@cloudera.com)
Date:Jul 9, 2014 9:28:25 am
List:org.apache.spark.user

Are you able to share the error you're getting?

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Jerry Lam <chil@gmail.com> wrote:

Sandy, I experienced the similar behavior as Koert just mentioned. I don't understand why there is a difference between using spark-submit and programmatic execution. Maybe there is something else we need to add to the spark conf/spark context in order to launch spark jobs programmatically that are not needed before?