|Anne Gentle||Sep 26, 2012 10:48 am|
|Subject:||[Openstack] What's up doc? September 26 2012|
|From:||Anne Gentle (an...@openstack.org)|
|Date:||Sep 26, 2012 10:48:56 am|
Summary: We're down to 14 doc bugs targeted to Folsom but still want your help!
After Thursday's code release, I will meet with Thierry to get ideas for how to scientifically determine a good doc release date based on the bug/task list. Stay tuned for that.
I have instructions for how to do a docs release at http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/Release. In case I am hit by a bus or otherwise rendered useless, I pledge to keep this page updated.
1. In review and merged this past week: Lots of exclamation marks here because I was wowed this past week a few times. Nice work Stackers! New landing pages for docs.openstack.org! Tons of new entries in the Glossary, thank you Josh Turgasen! Email me a mailing address and I will send really a nice OpenStack gift. I mean it! New Quantum Admin guide! Great new section on XenServer configurations for Migration!
In review: VNC proxy diagram: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/13634/
In review: all-in-one Folsom install https://review.openstack.org/#/c/13713/
2. High priority doc work: Definitely need more volumes doc updates, John mentioned the need in his cinder weekly meeting.
Restructuring the source and builds for api.openstack.org with the end result of redirecting from docs.openstack.org/api to api.openstack.org. Any questions? Here's the plan. https://etherpad.openstack.org/api-site-structure
Here are some doc tasks we'd like help with: Task: Document how to configure Keystone with SSL Task: Document keystone middleware situation in operator docs Task: Update Ubuntu install/deploy guide to explain the Cloud Archive Task: Add information about scaling out additional volume nodes for Compute
3. Doc work going on that I know of: John Griffith to populate volume-api repo with an API spec.
4. New incoming doc requests: Ongoing fixes to pom.xml and builds. Need to get working builds for Identity API and Image API specs.
5. Doc tools updates: The Clouddocs maven plugin has a few fixes coming in soon, perhaps this month, but we'll update our pom.xmls to pick these up after the release. Here's the ones we want: - Automatically handle images: Detects if images are missing from a document and fail if an image is missing. You can turn off this validation by setting <strictImageValidation>false</strictImageValidation> in your pom.xml. For Webhelp output, automatically converts .svg to .png. Automatically copies images to the Webhelp output directory. - Automatically build pdf when building webhelp and copy pdf to webhelp directory unless <makePdf>false</makePdf> is set in your pom.xml. - Provide better error messages if incorrect DocBook version is used (i.e. if DocBook 4.x is used instead of 5.x). Fixes bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1008581. - Move profiling to early in the pipeline. This fixes bugs where content in title and revhistory weren't being profiled, such as https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1008579. - Fix bug where IDREFs weren't validated. (Might fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1031374).
6. Other doc news: Still seeking one additional topic proposal for the Summit - I will fill it with "Grizzly doc planning" if no one else has a burning doc discussion need. Also would it be useful to have a docs user test area in the Developer lounge? I'd love to set that up. And, do we want to have a doc meetup at one of the lunch tables at the Summit? Let me know.