atom feed1 message in org.freebsd.freebsd-securitypassing data from PAM module
FromSent OnAttachments
Ivan GroverSep 17, 2008 9:22 am
Subject:passing data from PAM module
From:Ivan Grover (ivan@gmail.com)
Date:Sep 17, 2008 9:22:31 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-security

Hi,

My PAM application uses remote authentication module pam_radius_auth.so for authenticating users from remote servers. There can be several remote servers. In this case, can any one please suggest me the best way to gather information on several remote servers such as -- server reachability, (kind of returning array saying server 1 is reachable, server 2 is unreachable) -- do they run radius service ...etc

I am trying to use pam_get_env pam_set_env for the above. Please advise, if this is not the proper way.

I looked at pam_set_data, but i think this cant be used in PAM application.

Best Regards, Ivan