atom feed9 messages in org.apache.jackrabbit.dev[jr3] Unified persistence
FromSent OnAttachments
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 7:33 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 17, 2010 7:59 am
Jukka ZittingFeb 17, 2010 8:28 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 17, 2010 8:41 am
Thomas MüllerFeb 17, 2010 11:43 pm
Stefan GuggisbergFeb 18, 2010 3:20 am
Alexander KlimetschekFeb 18, 2010 3:52 am
Marcel ReuteggerFeb 19, 2010 12:43 am
Ian BostonFeb 22, 2010 4:26 pm
Subject:[jr3] Unified persistence
From:Jukka Zitting (jukk@gmail.com)
Date:Feb 17, 2010 7:33:35 am
List:org.apache.jackrabbit.dev

Hi,

In addition to the search index (that deserves it's own thread), we have various different mechanisms for persisting repository information:

persistence managers for node and property states data store for binary properties journal for cluster synchronization records file system abstraction for various minor things like: custom_nodetypes.xml for registered node types ns_reg.properties for registered namespaces rootUUID file for the root node UUID (essentially a constant) workspace.xml for workspace configuration locks for open-scoped locks

Most information that we store in the repository is duplicated in at least two of these locations. Reducing the amount of different storage formats and mechanisms we use would make a lot of things easier.

Ideally we'd have a single clustered persistence layer that we could use for all of these things (and the search index).

How can we achieve something like that?

BR,