atom feed7 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-multimediaabout text2wave (audio/festival)
FromSent OnAttachments
José M. FandiñoSep 19, 2005 10:39 am
Randy PrattSep 20, 2005 11:29 am
José M. FandiñoSep 26, 2005 6:20 am
RaafSep 26, 2005 1:32 pm
José M. FandiñoSep 29, 2005 2:33 am
RaafSep 29, 2005 12:49 pm
José M. FandiñoOct 3, 2005 2:59 am
Subject:about text2wave (audio/festival)
From:Raaf (free@luna.afraid.org)
Date:Sep 26, 2005 1:32:46 pm
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-multimedia

Jos? M. Fandi?o wrote:

"Jos? M. Fandi?o" wrote:

That is what I get:

festival /usr/local/share/festival/examples/text2wave

SIOD ERROR: unbound variable argv closing a file left open: /usr/local/share/festival/examples/text2wave

anyone knows how to get this working?

I've not used the text2wave script but I have used festival to "read" text:

cat textfile | festival --tts

I'm not sure if that would suit your porposes but I thought it worth mentioning.

thanks you Randy, but I need convert text in audio files.

Hi, you can use this to output to an audio file:

(Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command) (Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "sox -t raw -r $SR -sw -c 1 $FILE foo.wav")

You need the audio/sox port for this and may need to experiment with the socks options.