|Adrian Paschke||Oct 10, 2008 11:52 am|
|Subject:||CFP: 3rd International Conference on Adaptive Business InformationSystems (ABIS'09)|
|From:||Adrian Paschke (pasc...@in.tum.de)|
|Date:||Oct 10, 2008 11:52:23 am|
[ our apologies should you receive this message more than one time ]
3rd International Conference on Adaptive Business Information Systems Leipzig, Germany, 23-25 March
Call for Papers
Second SIWN Congress (SIWN 2009)
SOFTWARE, AGENTS, AND SERVICES FOR BUSINESS, RESEARCH, AND E-SCIENCES (SABRE 2009)
============================================================ Papers of the conference will be invited to publish their revised versions in a journal issue of the
International Journal Communications of SIWN (CoSIWN) (ISSN 1757-4439)
Information Technologies in their broad sense have been profoundly changing the ways, the processes and the philosophies of businesses. Adaptive business applications support processes whose workflows, user interfaces and business rules often change. The need for these dynamic applications is greater now than ever before and business systems in every perspective, management, workflow, information, infrastructure, etc. are evolving themselves towards being autonomic, adaptive, self-managing, self-organizing, and so forth. Emerging technologies such business rules management systems, complex event processing engines, event-driven business process management tools, corporate semantic web technologies, etc. are now gaining increasing momentum as they promise enhanced adaptive and agility capabilities to businesses, in order to sense unexpected environmental changes and to respond to business opportunities or to avoid business risks that turn up in a turbulent and quickly changing business environment.
ABIS 2009 aims to provide a premier forum for stimulating exchange and in-depth discussion of advances, challenges and emerging areas in adaptive business information systems.
Next year in March the European SIWN 2009 roof conference (see http://siwn.org.uk/2009leipzig/), which hosts ABIS'09 (http://siwn.org.uk/2009leipzig/ABIS09.htm), will take place in Leipzig together with the SABRE 2009 conference (see http://sabreconference.wifa.uni-leipzig.de/frontend/index.php). Moreover, that year will be the 600 anniversary of Leipzig University.
Thus, after a series of successful ABIS conferences the 3rd ABIS'09 will be something very special and collocated with several other conferences and events.
05 December 2008 Submission of manuscripts 05 January 2009 Notification of acceptance 01 February 2009 Camera-Ready Version (CRV) & Presentation files due 23-25 March 2009 Conferences
Topics of Interest
Topics of particular interest include (but not limited to) the followings.
(1) Enterprise Information / Management Systems
- business process integration - business process management - agile business process management - event-driven business process management - business rules and rule-based approaches for the business - enterprise resource planning - corporate semantic web - enterprise workflow management - inventory / warehouse management - management information systems - manufacturing resource planning - material requirement planning - product data management - product life cycle management - production and operation management - production planning and control - total quality management - business / IT service management and governance
(2) Business Collaboration
- business coalition - business partnership - coalition formation - collaborative e-business - agent-based e-business - enterprise federation - enterprise integration - global enterprise - global information systems - inter-enterprise transaction and workflow management - inter-organizational systems - corporate semantic web collaboration systems - knowledge network and management - virtual / networked enterprises - workflow interoperation
(3) Supply Chains and Logistics
- cooperation of supply chains - coordination / optimization in supply chains - customer / supplier relationship management - demand chain management - e-logistics - global supply networks - inventory management in supply chains - logistics and transportation systems - modeling of supply chains - multi-agent negotiations in supply chains - supply chain design and performance evaluation - supply chain dynamic formation - supply chain management
- agent mediated auction mechanisms - agent mediated bidding and negotiation - agent-mediated e-commerce - business rules in e-business - authentication / privacy / security in e-business - B2B, B2C, C2C models - e-banking - e-bidding and e-negotiation - e-business design and developments - e-business process modeling, integration, and monitoring - e-business security, trust and privacy - e-commerce - e-commerce content management - electronic data interchange - e-marketing and e-advertising - e-marketplaces - e-payment - e-taxation - e-work - global e-business - mobile commerce
(5) Business Intelligence
- artificial neural networks / evolutionary computation in business - data mining in business - group decision systems in business - information retrieval in business - intelligent agents in business - intelligent decision support systems in business - knowledge based / expert systems in business - knowledge management and ontology in business - machine learning in business - multi-linguistic user interfaces in business - natural language processing in business - particle swarm optimization / ant colony optimization in business - corporate semantic web in business - soft computing / fuzzy logic in business - swarm / collective / social intelligence in business
(6) On-Demand Business
- adaptive business - adaptive enterprises - agile business - agile enterprise - business adaptation / evolution - business process re-engineering - emergent enterprise - enterprise re-engineering - holonic enterprise - on-demand e-business - utility computing - service oriented computing - re-configurable enterprises - re-configurable / agile / holonic manufacturing system - responsive business - responsive enterprise - self-configuration of enterprise systems - self-organized production system - self-organizing business - self-organizing enterprises
(7) Information Infrastructures of Businesses
- complex event processing - business rules and rule-based approaches - distributed object systems - e-business applications and integration - electronic data interchange - enterprise (distributed) computing - enterprise applications interoperability - enterprise applications integration - enterprise collaborative computing - corporate semantic web and business ontologies - enterprise distributed intelligence - enterprise Grid computing - enterprise internet - enterprise middleware - enterprise portals - enterprise service bus - event-driven architectures - enterprise service oriented architectures - enterprise web services - enterprise XML
Type of contributions and instructions
ABIS 2009 Technical Committee seeks original contributions in all areas of Adaptive Business Information Systems.
Submissions must be original contributions that neither have been published nor have been under review for publication elsewhere. All submissions must be in English and no more than 7 pages in the format specified in the Instructions for Authors, which are available on http://siwn.org.uk/press/ita.htm.
To submit a paper, a file in pdf format containing the manuscript of submission must be uploaded to the ABIS 2009 submission website at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=abis09
All manuscripts submitted will be sent to 3 members of the International Technical Program Committees of the Conferences for peer reviews and assessed according to the technical merits and presentation, on which the acceptance decision will be based.
Accepted papers will be included in the CD-ROM Proceedings of SIWN 2009, which will be available for participants at the Conferences to promote the widest exchange and dissemination at the Conferences.
Accepted papers of the conference will be invited to publish their revised versions in the international journal <<Communications of SIWN>> (CoSIWN, http://siwn.org.uk/cosiwn/) (ISSN 1757-4439) after the conference. Details can be seen on the SIWN 2009 website.
Proposals of workshops, invited sessions and tutorials on emerging areas are welcome. Please discuss your proposals with Prof. Dr. Adrian Paschke, the Chair of ABIS 2009 Technical Committee (abi...@easychair.org).
+ Esma Aimeur, Universite de Montreal, CA + Soeren Auer, University Leipzig, Germany + Matteo Baldoni, University of Torino, Italy + Claudio Bartolini, HP Labs, USA + Paul Buhler, College of Charleston, USA + Luis M. Camarinha-Matos, New University of Lisbon, Portugal + Jorge Cuellar, Siemens Corporate Research, Germany + Jiangbo Dang, Siemens Corporate Research, Germany + Marlon Dumas, University of Tartu, Estonia + Schahram Dustdar, TU Wien, Vienna + Agata Filipowska, Poznan University of Economics, Poland + Rony G. Flatscher, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria + Dragan Gasevic, Simon Fraser University, Canada + Adrian Giurca, Technical University of Cottbus, Germany + Robert Golan, DB Mind, USA + Jaap Gordijn, Vrije Universiteit, NL + Dominic Greenwood, Whitestein Technologies AG, USA + Steven Guan, Xian Jiatong-Liverpool University, China + Oliver Guenther, HU Berlin, Germany + Ulrich Hasenkamp, Uni Marburg, Germany + Christian Huemer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria + Herbert Kopfer, Uni Bremen, Germany + Kyriakos Kritikos, ICS-FORTH, Greece + Leora Morgenstern, IBM, US + Gero Muehl, TU Berlin, Germany + Joerg Mueller, TU Clausthal, Germany + Dirk Neumann Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg, Germany + Volker Nissen, Technische Universitaet Ilmenau, Germany + Andreas Oberweis, Uni Karlsruhe, Germany + Alexander Pokahr, University of Hamburg, Germany + Dumitru Roman, DERI Innsbruck, Austria + Graham Rong, MIT, USA + Kurt Sandkuhl, Joenkoeping University, Sweden + Matthias Schumann, Uni Goettingen, Germany + Michael Sheng, The University of Adelaide, Australia + Susanne Strahringer, TU Dresden, Germany + Vijay Sugumaran, Oakland University, USA + Klaus Turowski, Uni Augsburg, Germany + Jan Vanthienen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium + Hans Weigand, Tilburg University, Netherlands + Gerhard Weiss, Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH, Germany + Yingjie Yang, De Montfort University, UK
===================================================================== In Co-operation with:
Corporate Semantic Web (http://www.corporate-semantic-web.de/) funded by German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the BMBF Innovation Initiative for the New German Laender - Entrepreneurial Regions, "InnoProfile"
RuleML (http://www.ruleml.org/) - Realize your knowledge
CITT (http://www.citt-online.com/) - Centrum fuer Informations-Technologie Transfer (CITT) GmbH
Prof. Dr. Adrian Paschke AG-CSW (Corporate Semantic Web) Institute of Informatics Free University Berlin pasc...@inf.fu-berlin.de