atom feed11 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: virus phone call scam: question/w...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom SparksJun 20, 2012 5:20 am
Boden MatthewsJun 20, 2012 5:22 am
Dave HallJun 20, 2012 5:46 am
David DruryJun 20, 2012 6:05 am
Boden MatthewsJun 20, 2012 6:24 am
Tom SparksJun 20, 2012 4:38 pm
Chris DebenhamJun 20, 2012 5:02 pm
Chris DebenhamJun 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Chris JonesJun 20, 2012 11:04 pm
Ishwor GurungJun 21, 2012 6:31 am
Chris DebenhamJun 21, 2012 3:41 pm
Subject:Re: virus phone call scam: question/wacky replies
From:Chris Jones (chri@spin.net.au)
Date:Jun 20, 2012 11:04:42 pm
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

Yeah these sort of phone calls can be a worry for elderly people. My Mother keeps getting them and depsite how many many times I've told her just to hang up the phone, she seems to think it's actually Microsoft calling them.

But yeah, demand to talk to their supervisor, ask them what country they're calling from and what address is the office they're calling from because you charge $9.95 per minute of your time to talk to them and you'll have send them the invoice. It quickly stops them talking.

Regards

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP
(Gaming) Kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux|Gamer and
Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360
controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE