atom feed21 messages in nz.co.katipo.lists.kohaRe: [Koha] LibLime Enterprise Koha Q&A
FromSent OnAttachments
Joshua FerraroSep 15, 2009 2:15 pm
Kyle HallSep 15, 2009 2:35 pm
Chris CormackSep 15, 2009 2:52 pm
Chris NighswongerSep 15, 2009 3:08 pm
Joann RansomSep 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Piotr WejmanSep 15, 2009 3:26 pm
Brendan GallagherSep 15, 2009 9:07 pm
paul POULAINSep 16, 2009 1:15 am
Liz ReaSep 16, 2009 11:01 am
Daniel GrobaniSep 16, 2009 2:19 pm
Reed WadeSep 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Chris NighswongerSep 16, 2009 3:25 pm
Owen LeonardSep 16, 2009 6:51 pm
paul POULAINSep 17, 2009 12:44 am
paul POULAINSep 17, 2009 1:11 am
Thomas DuklethSep 18, 2009 9:36 am
Thomas DuklethSep 18, 2009 9:43 am
Thomas DuklethSep 18, 2009 10:44 am
MJ RaySep 22, 2009 2:56 am
paul POULAINSep 22, 2009 6:22 am
Joe AtzbergerSep 22, 2009 8:05 am
Subject:Re: [Koha] LibLime Enterprise Koha Q&A
From:Owen Leonard (oleo@myacpl.org)
Date:Sep 16, 2009 6:51:36 pm
List:nz.co.katipo.lists.koha

Daniel Grobani wrote:

[Josh] said, "We will not be making our git repo public as it contains customer-sensitive data." ... I also asked if all of the sponsored enhancements would be shared, or if a customer could withhold enhancements altogether. He said that because the code's under the GPL, it would have to be released eventually.

When, after his customers' social security numbers had been excised from the code?

I think the statements Josh has been making just don't add up. He insists that LibLime is not forking Koha, but that's not consistent with his other statements.

I asked on the LibLime-users list:

Will any contributions from the community be refused to LibLime customers?

Josh responded:

LibLime's goal is to include all quality contributions to Koha in LibLime Enterprise Koha, regardless of the source. Of course, contributions that do not meet our quality standards or that introduce bugs, will not be included.

And I asked:

Will Liblime work to fix bugs in community contributions which prevent them from being included?

If not, then LibLime Enterprise Koha is a fork of the official Koha. The two will continue to diverge until no community contribution to Koha will be able to be easily incorporated into LibLime's fork.

His response:

The best way to ensure that LibLime Enterprise Koha and the official Koha
community codebase do not diverge is to encourage community contributors to put better
controls in place for controlling the quality assurance process and to reject patches
that introduce bugs.

I interpret this as meaning: If LibLime thinks a community-contributed, RM-approved patch is deemed "unstable," LibLime will reject it from LibLime Enterprise Koha.

How is this not a fork?

-- Owen