atom feed10 messages in net.java.dev.woodstock.usersWoodstock update
FromSent OnAttachments
John Jullion-CeccarelliNov 3, 2008 11:59 pm
Felipe JaekelNov 4, 2008 6:57 am
Jaider Fernando RodriguezNov 5, 2008 5:37 pm
autozoomNov 6, 2008 12:52 am
Paolo ProniNov 6, 2008 12:59 am
autozoomNov 6, 2008 6:05 am
Paolo ProniNov 6, 2008 6:31 am
Felipe JaekelNov 6, 2008 3:07 pm
Federico Vela [PaySett Corp]Nov 10, 2008 7:28 am
JokersAug 12, 2009 11:48 pm
Subject:Woodstock update
From:John Jullion-Ceccarelli (John@sun.com)
Date:Nov 3, 2008 11:59:26 pm
List:net.java.dev.woodstock.users

Hi folks,

As many of you have already seen or heard, Sun Microsystems is officially stopping all new feature development on Woodstock components. The Woodstock release 4.2 is the last official version of Woodstock that Sun will release.

This decision wasn't easy and we know it won't be very popular. But in the current environment, every business has had to make some hard choices and this was one of those for Sun.

So what do you do if you've invested in Woodstock? First of all, Sun will continue to support its customers that have built on top of Woodstock 4.2. The Project Woodstock code is available on java.net (http://woodstock.dev.java.net) and community members can create new features or enhancements. Sun will assist with a community development effort behind Project Woodstock - the first step will be doing a transfer of information to help people get started (more to come on this soon).

In addition to this, We are researching solutions that will allow users currently invested in Woodstock to migrate their applications while leveraging the latest advances in web UI technology. We remain committed to improving the web developer experience, and plan to prove this with upcoming releases of JSF, GlassFish and NetBeans.

Thank you for your support and feel free to ask any questions. We'll do our best to answer (even if the answer is "we don't know yet").